CHAPTER 71

XAVIER ROCKWELL

I don't think I have ever witnessed a beautiful coming out story in my life until this very moment. Watching Jordi and his mom's little interaction yesterday almost made me want to shed a tear. There's a lot of beautiful words to describe how things went down. It was beautiful to witness how supportive and loving Mrs. Adkins was to her only son. I almost thought she's going to rip him apart right after Michiko went on her very own mannerless rampage after catching us making out. What happened just proved that she's the coolest mom and Jordi's highly blessed to have a mother like her.

Speaking of Michiko and her temper tantrum, as soon as I got home from spending the night at Jordi's, I had to make the initiative to give her a call. I blocked her last time because she kept on calling me and now, I can't believe I'm just about to unblock her for this. I just warned Jordi to stay away from Michiko because I know what she's capable of. She might be sweet but she can be spicy when aggravated. What happened was what I've expected from her. She got really pissed, however, that's not even a scary thing for her, she could really get crazy and that's what I'm afraid of from her.

I don't know where she got the audacity to follow Jordi to his own home. It does take some sort of nerve to be like that and she's obviously got it. Perhaps she really got comfortable around Jordi. Jordi's such a light and she must've felt like Jordi's a nice person to be friends with which was obviously true.

After the first ring, Michiko immediately answered the call quicker than a blink of an eye and I'm thoroughly expecting that kind of reaction time from her.

"Hey there..." I began but there was no response from the other line, it was just weirdly silent. "Michiko? Are you there?" I asked. Five seconds passed and I couldn't hear anything which prompted me to just go on and speak. "I know you're there and I do understand why you don't want to talk. Listen, uhm... I'm calling you because I think I have a lot of explaining to do." I went on even though I am intricately aware that I don't have any explaining to do with Michiko. We've already broken up a long time ago. "Jordi and I are obviously together and I thought you should hear that from me since you've already seen us together. I love Jordi very much, he's been teaching me how to become a better person and I hope you respect what we have as a couple just as you respect your own self. We've decided to keep our relationship private because, you know, there are a lot of people who doesn't understand the love that we have for each other. I hope you will keep our secret. I'm going to give my trust to you. I know we never really got to know each other and I want you to know that I truly loved you during our time together. Sadly, I no longer have any sort of feelings for you." I continued gritting with firm conviction and hopefully, she heard everything that I said.

I just told Michiko everything that she needs to know and I was highly hoping that she would keep it a secret. She never responded and after waiting for her to say at least something for almost a minute, I finally decided to end the call.

The day rolled expectedly boring, I should've just stayed at Jordi's house and the spend the entire weekend with him. I never would've imagined living alone in this condominium space could really get exhaustingly tedious. One second, I was just sitting on the couch trying to watch a rebroadcast of a show I've already watched, the next minute, I am lounging on the balcony. There's really nothing much to do and I'm not adjusting very well.

Jordi and I are exchanging text messages just like a normal couple but he replies like every after twenty minutes. That's a total bummer. Maybe he's busy preparing for Thanksgiving even though that's tomorrow. I'm getting impatient and just when I was about to go out for a jog in the middle of the day, my dad showed up.

"Xavier! Son, I have a surprise for you!" My dad greeted from the door and at first, I wasn't really excited about this shit that he's trying to pull on me but then a four-legged furry animal showed up wagging its tail.

"MUFFIN!!!!" I exclaimed charged up with such excitement to see my dog already fully grown and wagging his tail like he's ready to meet the grown up version of me. Muffin ran towards me and started licking my face and I could already tell how he missed me so freaking much. "You brought Muffin!"

"I did." My dad seemed happy to see me reunite with my old pet.

"I missed you, boy!" I chirped carrying him on my lap and I just realized how well fed he must've been. "You really got bigger and heavier."

"I thought you might need some company." My dad muttered.

"I do. It's so fucking boring in this place."

"Good. I'm glad I brought him here then."

"So, you're leaving him here?" I asked thinking it would be fun to have a partner in this place.

"Yeah. Muffin surely missed you a lot. I'm going to leave him here for now."

"He does really miss me a lot. What about your kids, dad? They're going to miss Muffin too." I replied not really realizing that I just called him dad for the first time in years.

"Did you just call me d..."

My dad was smiling but I quickly realized what I just said and I was quick at cutting him off. "No, I didn't."

"Well, alright. Anyway, tomorrow's thanksgiving and I would like you to have dinner with us." My dad then dropped the dreadful thanksgiving bomb and I was a little startled. I was really planning on having thanksgiving dinner with the Adkins because Jordi's mom just invited me but I guess I might've to change that plan.

"What?"

"Yeah, I already told them about you and my wife's really mad at me but there's nothing that I could do about it."

"But I'm not quite ready yet." I replied telling him how I truly feel. I'm not quite ready to meet his original family because I know I'm just the bastard son and for sure, I don't have a place on that dinner table.

"You should be, my wife's expecting you to be there. She wants to meet you. If you like, you could bring your girlfriend for some company." My dad said and I was sure he was talking about Michiko.

"I don't have a girlfriend." I quickly rebutted.

"Huh? What about that Japanese girl who visited at the hospital?" He sounded confused and I know I just had to clear things up. Michiko's really crazy. I don't know why she felt compelled to tell my dad that she's my girlfriend when we've broken up a long time ago.

"She's my ex. We've broken up a long time ago. I don't have a girlfriend now." I cleared things up and I suddenly thought of coming out to him. I don't know why I suddenly felt the urge for that but maybe this was going to be something he should have to know about me.

"Oh, so she just lied to me?"

"Yeah, she lied to you." I paused. I looked over at Muffin who just jumped out of the couch and was now playing with the pillow. "Uhm, dad?" I said calling him dad again. I've got to admit, it felt good to call someone dad again. Maybe I am starting to forget that I really hated my father. We haven't been spending a nice time together but I'm starting to forget he used my mom and then abandoned us.

"What is it, son?" My dad stared at me curious about what I was trying to tell him and then suddenly, I felt scared. He doesn't look like he's expecting me to come out as gay and I don't even know if he's going to get mad at me or if he's just as understanding as Jordi's mother. I realized maybe I still want to fix this rift between us. Maybe I'm also trying to have a future with him and I might need some time before actually telling him that I'm gay. "I'll be there." I blurted out telling him I'm going to show up for thanksgiving instead of actually telling him that I'm gay.

"Good. I'm going to have someone pick you up by five." My dad replied and that was the end of the conversation.

I got really scared and maybe it's for the good. When my dad left, I ended up spending the entire afternoon with Muffin.