CHAPTER 32

JORDI ADKINS

I had to be quick with my hands. Before Xavier could even see all of the printed photos from the printing box, I quickly snatched the one photo where I kissed him on the cheek as a token. I know it was a blatant selfish move on my part and as much as I'm aware of what I did, the hopeless romantic version of me wanted to keep it.

"Let me see the photos." Jumping out of the booth, Xavier inched his way towards me and was now towering behind me.

"Here." I handed him all of the photos the we took while secretly hiding one behind my back. I slowly slipped the photo right into my pocket and pretended as if nothing happened.

Xavier cinched his eyebrows on me. "This is it?"

"Yeah." I nodded nervously shaking on the inside.

"Where's the one where you kissed me?"

"I think it wasn't captured." Gritting with such fraudulent innocence, I muttered. "Anyway, I would like to try that claw machine." In light of the missing photo, I had to suggest something just to redirect his attention.

"Nah, that's a scam." He shook his head.

"A scam? How is it a scam? Don't tell me you can't grab something out of that machine." I grabbed his hand and tried pulling him. "Come on, Xavier. I just saw a Pikachu doll over there."

"Alright!"

The machine had a lot of stuffed toys inside from various cartoons and most of them are Pokémon dolls. I saw a fluffy Jigglypuff, two flaming Charmanders and even a wrongfully stuffed Celebi that looked like it's been smoking pot. But out of all of them, I really liked the Pikachu one mostly because it's been my favorite even after many generations.

"I'm telling you it's a scam." Xavier muttered still keeping his sentiments. Maybe it's a scam. Maybe it's not.

"Just tell me you can't do it."

In my first attempt, I pressed too soon and it went to Bubbles from Powerpuff girls which wasn't too bad. I grew up watching that trio of kindergarten induced with sugar and spice and everything nice magic shenanigan. I thought I'm going to at least successfully get it but it dropped from the claw before I could even drop it into the box. After nine more attempts, I was really consistent at failing but I'm really determined somehow.

"I told you it's a scam. Those dolls are heavy and that claw is a load of crap." Xavier blabbered out behind.

"Okay, then why don't you do it then?" Stepping away from the machine, I snapped at him.

"One time. I'm going to try one time and if I don't get anything from this stupid machine, I'm going to have to uhm..." Xavier gradually softened his tone and then leaned over towards me. "I'm going to punish you." He spat in a very sensual tone.

"What?"

"I said, I'm going to punish you." He repeated and this time, he made his tone even sexier which got me.

"Alright then." I nodded and gave him the last coin from my hand.

Xavier sensually whispering on my ears just sent a thousand bolts of electricity right through my body. I should've probably stopped breathing off of that alone.

Xavier eventually inserted the last coin on the slot and then he began gaining control of the claw. I watched him intently and I noticed how delicate and serious he was about it. It almost felt ironic that he was just telling me this whole claw machine was a scam and now, he's really trying his best. I could clearly tell it by his eyes and the way he was pursing his lips.