CHAPTER 13

JORDI ADKINS

"No effin' way!" Nikki exclaimed expressing her utter shock when I got to lunch with them. The first thing I did was to reveal to them that I'm paired up with Xavier Rockwell for our sex education assignment.

"Ugh, can you fucking believe that I was paired up with him of all people?" I trailed off.

"Did you at least asked Mrs. Harding for a switch?" Jane inquired. Her bag of flour was just sitting idly right beside her food as if it was an actual baby but really, it was just a bag of flour.

I lazily stared at my own food. "I did and she wasn't budging at all."

"Well, that's unfortunate." Nikki chimed in. "You are definitely going to be a punching bag, Jordi." Nikki added and perhaps she's forty percent right about that. I don't think this new Xavier's planning on poking fun at me which was hard to believe but that's what I'm seeing right now. Forty percent's still a huge number if we are going to talk about percentage rate and math shit but Xavier's acting weirdly different.

"I don't think I'll be his punching bag for now." I huffed up sound a bit confident. "He doesn't want to fail this assignment and actually, he's been acting weird lately."

Nikki moved closer to my spot. "How weird? Is it like heartbroken because Michiko broke up with me weird? Or like fuck yeah I'm single weird?"

"I virtually did not understand any of those, Nikki. So, my answer's none of the above. Also, I don't know how but he was really adamant at naming the bag of flour. Like, don't you think that's weird for people like him?"

"I named ours. There's nothing weird with that."

"I named my baby too." Jane butted in. "Her name's Sasha by the way."

"Really, Sasha? That's like an adult woman's name, also, did you just assumed that that bag of flour was a she?"

"I wanted it to be a she, Jordi. And naming it was like part of the process of parenthood. Dwight personally did not give a shit about anything, so I got to name it." Jane replied cheerfully.

"Meh. I'm still pissed that I'm paired up with Xavier."

"Maybe you need to take this opportunity to forge a new relationship with Xavier. Perhaps you change the existing one into something new." Shoving some salad to her mouth, Jane went on. There's that weirdly optimistic Jane that we knew popping up again.

"I'd rather unalive myself, Jane or maybe I should just jump off a cliff or maybe I should just jaywalk so I'd get hit by a truck." I rolled my eyes noting the fact that Xavier made my life shitty for the past year. I'm not open to anything such as forging a new relationship with that asshole.

"Speaking of the ginger devil, maybe I should slap him right now because he's on his way to our table." Poking me by the arm, Nikki's tone went from a loud mouthy one and gradually toned down to a whisper.

My eyes mimicked Nikki's view and she was damn right, Xavier's inching his way towards our table. He was carefully clutching the bag of flour in his hands as if it was an actual baby.

"Oh, lord." I whispered under my breath.

"Hey, hotshot, where the fuck are you heading? This table's already reserved for three badass bitches." Nikki muttered halting Xavier from taking a spot at our table.

"I-I just want to have a conversation with Jordi." Mildly stuttering, Xavier seemed desperate.

Nikki instantly pulled the empty chair and put her foot on top just so Xavier won't feel entitled to sit on it. "I'm quite surprised the you know the word conversation."