CHAPTER 49

JORDI ADKINS

Do I want to put a label on it?

Jane's words kept on bouncing just like a Ping-Pong ball inside my head. I couldn't even bring myself to focus during class because I have been thinking of labeling Xavier as my boyfriend. It doesn't feel like a dream per se and I'm only saying that mainly because I have never dreamt of being with someone like Xavier. I've been dreaming of being with someone like Zach before. Someone who's hot like a summer evening, someone who's smarter than most people, someone who had a kind heart. Basically a perfect guy but I would've never ever imagined myself dating a guy who's truly fucked up. And yet here I am right now in this position.

Xavier was just my bully, however, things just happened the way they did. It was unimaginably unexpected in the most bizarre way. I almost had a one-night stand with him and then now, I'm falling for him.

"What's with people and labels anyway?" I mumbled under my breath. I thought I was only talking to myself when I heard a woman's voice from behind.

When I turned around I saw Michiko Takao standing from behind me. "Who are you talking about?"

"W-what?" I almost didn't know what to say. "N-nothing."

"It seemed to be that you're talking about putting label on a relationship." She gave me a teasing smile. "Who's the lucky lucky boy?" She inquired and I just gave her an awkward stare which prompted her to continue speaking. "Uhm, sorry. I just assumed that it was a guy cause..."

"Cause I'm gay?!" I uttered eventually ending her own sentence.

"Yes, that part. I'm an ally, you see." She tittered. I noticed she's really naturally pretty too except for the plucked eyebrows. Her hair was really a beautiful silky Asian black hair and her skin, I can't even begin with her skin. I know her parents owns a huge skin care company and perhaps she's sponsored with those products.

"Well, yeah. Of course it was a guy." I chuckled just trying to shake the awkwardness of having a conversation with her.

"Who is it?" She seemed excited as she giggled and touched me in the arm.

It felt a tad bit awkward because first of all, I have never been close to her in any way. We're going to the same school but it seemed to me like we are breathing different oxygen. The closest that I've ever interacted with Michiko was that one time she dropped her pen, I wasn't out that time but that's the only moment that I've had with her. She's mostly surrounded by the pretty cheerleaders and those popular kids.

"Uhm..."

"It's okay, you don't have to tell me. Is he cute?" She asked and the thought of the word cute isn't necessarily an attribute that I would like to associate with Xavier. He's more like a hot jock. I just think the word cute is for something like an adorable dog or something that's soft and adorable. Xavier's not that soft but he's most definitely hotter than most boys that I've seen.

"Mmm? He's not." I shook my head.

"Well, that's a total bummer cause you're such a cute guy. You just don't know how to dress." Michiko said hastily and for a second there, I felt really conscious about myself. This was the first time that I really tried to dress up pretty nicely and here comes the head bitch in charge coming in swooping with her talons.

"Don't you think my outfit today's not... that go—"

"No, no, no!!!" She cut me off immediately. "You look dashing today, I really like those pink details on your shirt. Is there a special something? I'm sorry, I only asked because I always see you wearing something boring every day. You look dashing in your outfit today though."