CHAPTER 63

JORDI ADKINS

"Why are you staring at me like that mom?" I stood right in front of the mirror looking at my shitty costume that my mom rushed to get me at some random store. Through the reflection, I could see my mom creeping up on me. "It's creepy."

"I'm just... You're a big boy now, Jordi." She replied whimpering with such delight.

"Mom, really?" I turned around to face her. "I'm about to turn eighteen in like three months from now. Why are you saying that as if I just turned fifteen yesterday. Quit treating me like a baby." I went and it seemed that my mom's not paying much attention to what I just said.

"I just can't believe my baby's all grown up now." She clutched her necklace staring at me as if she's not ready to let me go out into the world. Although, she doesn't actually need to know that I've been out there.

"Er?..." I shook my head in utter annoyance.

"It seems like yesterday you were just a crybaby and I'm just patching up your wounds here and there." She breathes out just like one of those dramatic mothers in television and media. "A-and now I can't believe that I'm actually allowing you to go to a party now." She added and I just laughed on the inside. She thinks this is going to be my first time attending a party that actually has some booze and I'm going to let her think that way. She's way overprotective of me ever since I was a kid and now, I hope that along with saying yes to this, she would eventually start getting her eyes off of me.

"Well, I'm glad you said yes to this mom because if you said no then I'm most probably going to riot." I trailed off turning around and taking another look at my costume.

Out of all the possible costumes that she could buy, I can't fucking believe my mom bought me a bootleg superman costume. It's generic and lazy and this is obviously trash. I'm just keeping my laughter inside just because I don't want any further drama. Thankfully, I'm not very much highly invested on what I'm going to wear for this Halloween party so I guess that made me feel fine with this. I am very much confused though. First thing, why would she think I would look good in this bodysuit? I don't have that kind of ripped body unlike Xavier and Zach. And now, looking at myself in front of the mirror, I definitely look emaciated. Second of all, I told her to buy anything that's casual. I don't like being the eye of attention and this bodysuit would seem like it would give me just that but for all of the bad reasons. Thirdly, I should've just went out with her because now, I don't even have the right to complain.

"Oh, geez. You don't really look fit in that costume." My mom scrunched in disgust blatantly realizing how ugly I look in this saggy suit.

"You just realized that now?"

"I just had an idea. Wait for me." My mom stormed out of my room and I don't know what she was thinking but I'm probably going to hate it too.

When my mom got back, she got a nice white shirt and I immediately knew what she was thinking. Of course, the solution to this raggedy store bought costume is to be innovative and my mom was very much innovative, thankfully.

I ended up being Clark Kent, not quite the superman yet but it's the human version. The seemingly normal journalist of The Daily Planet. I looked at least pleasing to the eye wearing a nice pair of trousers and a white buttoned down shirt making the iconic letter S pop out of my chest. My mom had to pin the suit from my back just so it would look very fit and with the help of the white shirt, I looked at least decent.

"AHA! That's more like it." My mom slurred seemingly proud of herself and I was proud of her too. She figured out a way to make me look decent. "Now, let's do something with that hair. You're not coming out with a—."