CHAPTER 62

JORDI ADKINS

The aromatic smell of freshly brewed coffee immediately invaded my nostril the moment I inched my way to our favorite café. I found Nikki and Jane already settled at our usual spot right at the very corner overlooking the street outside. We haven't been here for almost two months and perhaps it's because our lives have been so interesting. Jane's very much busy hanging out with his college boyfriend. Nikki has been Nikki so far, she's just out there partying and enjoying her life. And me. My life has drastically changed ever since I almost had a one night stand with my bully.

"So, how was your boyfriend doing?" Jane asked and just as I settled down on my usual spot right in between her and Nikki. She slowly slid my order towards me.

"He's fine. He just got out of the hospital yesterday." I replied grabbing the cup and slowly taking a huge sip of my iced-coffee.

"So, Xavier's fine? But why the long face though? Did something horrible happened at the hospital?" Nikki inquired blatantly observing how unenthusiastic I was with the conversation. When charged up with caffeine, she's always good at deciphering facial expressions and vocal tones that it's almost impossible to be subtle with her.

"I don't know. Michiko just asked me to be her G.B.F." I replied bringing out what had just happened when Michiko and I left Xavier at the hospital last time. She's a whole new type of cuckoo, I would say.

"No fucking way!" Nikki exclaimed her disapproval. "Did she really just asked you to be her gay best friend?"

"Shut up!" Jane added. "Michiko?"

"Yeah, she actually did right after she lied to Xavier's dad that she's Xavier's fucking girlfriend." I began expressing how I'm feeling lost and pissed. I still haven't moved past that shenanigan that Michiko just pulled. First of all, I don't know why she showed up to see Xavier when they have broken up a long time ago.

"WHAT?!" Both Nikki and Jane wailed in unison.

"Mhmm..." I nodded taking another sip of my iced-coffee hoping that it would wash away the dryness in my throat. "When I went to the hospital to pay Xavier a visit, I saw her there."

"Is she on some kind of delusional pill or something?" Jane muttered. "She's wild."

"I'm shaking my head right now." Nikki moved her chair a bit closer and she seemed enthralled by this news that I reported to them. "And you didn't clarify that Xavier's your man?"

I stared at Nikki's forehead for quite a long while and in my head, I was thinking about what she said too. Why didn't I just reveal the truth to Michiko? It sounds pretty much easy. I mean, Michiko doesn't seem to be homophobic and she should, of all people should develop an understanding. I remember her claiming that she's an ally and it should be fine if I tell her that Xavier's with me.

"Wait... Jordi?!" Jane interjected and judging by her facial expression, I already knew she was about to bring the cuffing your man thing again.

"Yes, I haven't cuffed my man yet." I said basically stating what's currently inside Jane's head.

"See, I told you." Jane scoffed looking over at Nikki.

"So, you literally just let that bitch tell Xavier's dad that she's his girl?" Nikki asked once again and much like her, I also couldn't let it sink in. "Damn, Jordi. I can't with you right now. I thought martyrdom's dead but..." She slid back again and the screeching sound made by the chair sliding across the floor just added to how annoyed she already was.

"Lala told me Michiko's a psycho." Jane mentioned and I already knew that too. Lala was Michiko's former best friend and somehow, a huge part of me really do believe that she's telling that truth. "And it looks like she might be."