CHAPTER 48

JORDI ADKINS

Waking up this morning was everything like having a feel good cold shower in the middle of the hot summer. This was definitely a different day for me because I just woke up fifteen minutes early before my alarm clock. That only happens seldom in my life and it's either I just had a really horrible nightmare that I was scared to go back to sleep or that I'm feeling much excited over something else. It's pretty much the latter for me.

I laid idly on my bed for a couple of minutes and in that moment, I was thinking of texting Xavier. I already missed him the second that I got home yesterday and now, that same longing still persists. It's almost as if it was a symptom for an illness. However, I know I shouldn't feel this much excitement when this should just be a normal day. I've known better which meant I don't want to raise my expectations way too high because the fall might be harder.

After taking my morning shower, I ended up choosing to be extra stylish today. I only normally wear a decent outfit because I don't want to draw way too much attention to myself. Everybody at school already knows that I'm gay because of that silly time I announced it and I don't need to flared up and flamboyant just to feel like a different person. Today was going to be a little different because I have made a personal decision to be flared up.

I slipped on this black and white shirt that has a nondescript design with added patches of pink. I paired it up with a simple black trousers and a white pair of shoes for good contrast. I thought I was already done with it but then I immediately discovered that I needed some accessories just give out details. You know what they say, the devil's in the details. I wore this gold moon necklace that my dad bought for me from Italy and I also slipped on a simple ring on my finger. I stood in front of the mirror and turned around looking much rather dashing. I thought of putting some wax on my hair just to keep the curls to stay in place and finally, for the final touch, I sprayed some perfume.

"What in the... You look fantastic, Jordi!!!" Jane spat in a cheerful awe the moment I arrived at our usual meeting spot. "What's the occasion? Why are you dressed up like you're going to a fancy dinner or something?"

"Nothing, I just feel like it." I replied trying to shake the thought that I was truly dressing up for someone else. "I just feel confident today."

"Oh, biiiiitch! Look who's blooming today. What is the tea, honeybee?" Nikki began staring at the simple smile that's painted on my face. "You look like a flower that got enough drops of fertilized water and some vitamin D."

"HUH?" I looked a bit nervous and also flattered at the same time. I know I did get a vitamin D from someone else's son but I'm not just going to tell them that upfront.

"Is there something going on?" Nikki added giving me such an inquisitive look.

"No-nothing. I just feel like dressing up for myself, that is all. Thank you very much." I replied already spurting with such confidence.

"Well, I hate to say this right now but I kind of like this version of you, Jordi. You look sickening!" Nikki chirped snapping her fingers up and down for me. She's living for me and I didn't realize that I was living for myself too to be quite honest.

"Yeah, Jordi. You look great." Jane nodded in agreement.

Nikki, Jane and I began strutting towards the long and narrow hallway and it felt like we're some celebrities who came to visit the school. Everyone's just looking at us as we pranced with such overflowing confidence. I have never felt this confident in my time here and I guess it's because of the fact that I'm dressed to kill. And then right in the corner of my eye, I caught sight of Xavier. My world seemed to have gone into a slow motion.