Chapter 2 - So You Observe Him

.Chapter 2 - So You Observe Him.

If you want to submit any Artwork/Banner/Cover, please do so on wattpadlegallycrazy@gmail.com :)

FOR FURTHER UPDATES, DON'T FORGET TO ADD 'CIGARETTES, REBELS, AND ME' TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND READING LISTS!

****

(Last edited: 3/3/2016)

"I can't believe you left your crush alone in your room," Cam says with a laugh as we step on the porch of the house, bags threatening to slip from our grips.

I had been telling Cam that we should make one more trip to the car and back, and not carry everything that we have bought, all at once, but no... he would not budge. And it was his idea to buy half the supermarket.

"Colton's not my crush," I say for the umpteenth time, shaking my head with a groan. "When is it going to fit in your head?"

I look briefly at Cam from the corner of my eye and see him smirking.

"Then why do you freeze and blush when he's around?"

"Because he scares me," I defend, rolling my eyes. "Cigarettes and everything scare the balloons out of me, especially the way he rides his bike."

We reach the main door of the house and I make an impatient noise, my arms starting to ache under the weight of the bags. Cam puts down his bags and starts searching for the key in his pocket.

"Hah! Found it." He grins triumphantly and then looks at me in the eye. "So you observe him but don't like him."

I groan. This guy is impossible!

"Cam, you've been friends with Colton for so many years: I can't possibly miss such small things! And do you honestly think I don't know about all those times Bethany came to bail you out of jail because you had been drinking and driving?"

Cam stills and slowly turns towards me, guilt flashing in his eyes. "You know?"

"Yes," I say simply, and thrust the paper bags in Cam's arms, turning away from him and starting to walk to the back of the house, my mind racing with millions of thoughts.

In the backyard resides a cute little tree house my uncle built for me, Cam and Bethany to play in, ladder and all. We used to play there all the time, and Mom had to literally drag us back into the house once the sun began setting.

But now, my siblings don't even acknowledge it.

At first I used to be sad about the fact that they had abandoned the place which had united us as kids, but now, I'm glad that no one goes there. When things start to get lonely, I like to climb up the ladder and into the cosy tree house to think.

And then I remember all the fun we had in our childhood when no one cared that Bethany was prettier, more outgoing, excelled in everything, and had grades as good as me. Everyone was loved equally.

But as years passed on, I became second best in everything. Cam and Bethany became everyone's darlings.

Then, Bethany started this weird thing of subtly taunting and teasing me in public, making sure the people we were in the company of, knew of my flaws, about how I was shy and awkward in front of new people; how I was clumsy and tiny; how Bethany was better than me.

I don't know what she has achieved by doing that, but it has to be something because she still does it.

The only people who understand me and are there for me are my grandmother, and Cam. He's the best brother I could ask for.