Chapter 16 - They're The Bad Guys And We're The Good People

.Chapter 16 - They're The Bad Guys And We're The Good People.

☆ The wonderful banner in the media bar to the top is submitted by -Starshine- :) Thanks!

Song: Save My Soul - Rivvrs | Thinking Out Loud - Ed Sheeran

Spoiler: Celton moments ahead! ;) Please gimme bootiful inline comments to read :D

****

Keep the banners coming in guys! At wattpadlegallycrazy@gmail.com :D

FOR FURTHER UPDATES, DON'T FORGET TO ADD 'CIGARETTES, REBELS, AND ME' TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND READING LISTS!

****

(Unedited)

"I must say, it was very generous of you to invite your friend over to stay at our place," Mom beams at Cameron who just nods with a smile.

My eyes lift up automatically and Colton and I share a knowing look, before I concentrate on my lasagna again.

My heart flutters a little as I realize how cute it was, our exchange thing.

Believe it or not, Mom and Dad both know about Colton's position with his family. And also about his chronic insomnia.

As I have read it off the internet - don't judge me, I was just trying to increase my knowledge - insomnia is of two types: acute and chronic.

While acute insomnia lasts for a short period, a few days or a week to the most, chronic insomnia lasts for a much longer period. Colton having chronic insomnia is quite understandable, or rather, it fits into the picture, because it occurs due to stress or depression.

And I perfectly understand how Colton feels about his brother - it's the exact same way I feel about Bethany. So I can imagine what he must be going through...

The stress of constantly being told that you are second best; or rather, unwanted. The feeling of being shrugged off is horrible and those could be one of the reasons for his insomnia.

Acute insomniacs don't need treatment; chronic insomniacs do. They regularly need to see a therapist to check in on their behavioural patterns.

After reading all this information, I finally realized one thing - not only did Colton smoke to seek a little bit attention, but also because it relieved him off the stress.

But when I look at him, I wonder why I don't do the things he does: why don't I feel the need to make myself be seen, heard or taken into account.

I'm a pushover...

Colton was right. He was absolutely right when he told me that I was a pushover. I just let people stomp on me; I do nothing about it. But he? He has that fire inside him. He wants to show others that he is something: he's worth it.

As I look at Colton quietly eating his food, I feel a rush of admiration for him; he's so breathtaking, it hurts.

"It's a good thing that you came here," Mom's voice interrupts my thoughts, "Cameron and Ella will take good care of you."

"Thank you, Ma'am," Colton smiles a little at her and my eyes snap up to look at him in surprise.

Colton? Being so nice and polite? That's new, isn't it?

"Ah, the house seems so quiet now that Bethany has gone off to college, hasn't it?" Mom sighs, her shoulders visibly dropping down. Before anyone can say anything to her, Cam gets up suddenly, an angry look on his face.