Chapter 13 - I Just Want Us To Be Normal

.Chapter 13 - I Just Want Us To Be Normal.

☆ The sweet banner in the media bar to the top is submitted by preetiiii_ :)

Song: Apologize - One Republic

Double update! Yay! Please go and vote on Chap 12 if you haven't! Xx I've used so many big and bold words in the beginning lol. Just felt like it xP

****

If you want to submit any Artwork/Banner/Cover, please do so on wattpadlegallycrazy@gmail.com ^.^ Keep the banners coming, guys!

FOR FURTHER UPDATES, DON'T FORGET TO ADD 'CIGARETTES, REBELS AND ME' TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND READING LISTS!

****

I sit cross-legged in my room, leaning against the wall adjacent to a window, staring outside at the bright and beautiful moon. It's majesty seems to be the most alluring thing in the world, accompanied by the continuous cricketing of crickets.

Rain splashes harshly but yet so serenely against the window panes; as I touch the glass gently, the coldness of it sends a pleasant shiver down my spine and I smile. The thin cashmere I'm wearing is the only thing that prevents the cold from biting my skin and I snuggle under the blanket which is wrapped securely around me.

I continue staring at the moon which despite the apparent dark sky, still manages to shine brightly and attract everyone's attention.

It's almost 2 am, but there is no sign of sleep in me; the nature holding me captive in its glory. I sigh with happiness, wrapping my fingers around the edges of the blanket and pull it closer to me as I stay cocooned in it, taking in all the warmth that I can get.

A knock sounds on the door and all my senses perk up in fear. Who must it be at 2 am in the night?

Burglars...

But burglars don't knock, do they?

As quickly as humanly possible, I get up in a flash and grab the thing nearest to me which can pass as a defensive weapon, which is a pillow, and start backing against the wall. The door knob turns very slowly, making a slight creaking sound and it feels as though I'm in a horror movie...

"Ella?"

The pillow from my hand goes flying towards the door with as much force as I can muster and a satisfying 'oof' makes my heart jump in victory.

"Why did you hit me?" Bethany's muffled voice says and I freeze on the spot.

"Beth?"

Hastily, I go and switch on the lights of the room and the sight of Bethany lying on the floor with a pillow on her stomach and her hair ruffled, makes me crack up.

"Not funny," she mutters under her breath, patting down her black hair and placing the pillow on the bed. I extend my hand down to her and she grabs it, with me still laughing, but that doesn't last long.

Instead of pulling her up, I fall on her and hurt myself in the process while she laughs. But when I don't join in, she probably realizes that something has gone wrong and she sobers up at once.

A single tear escapes my eyes as I readjust myself slowly and get off her, clutching my knee which is bleeding a little bit, a cut clearly visible.

"Oww," I complain, my vision blurry. I'm not crying, but I can't stop the tears from falling. It's a tear mechanism that makes the ducts... you know what? Don't ask me. Let me concentrate on the pain.