Chapter 17 - I Just Expressed My Feelings Like An Open Book

.Chapter 17 - I Just Expressed My Feelings Like An Open Book.

☆ The banner in the media bar to the top is submitted by my best friend Chanandler_Bong99 :) Do check out her works when you find time.

Songs: One Way Or Another - One Direction | I Wish - One Direction

****

If you want to submit any Artwork/Banner/Cover, please do so on wattpadlegallycrazy@gmail.com :)

FOR FURTHER UPDATES, DON'T FORGET TO ADD 'CIGARETTES, REBELS AND ME' TO YOUR LIBRARIES AND READING LISTS!

Unedited. Please excuse my mistakes xx

****

"You're not serious, are you?" Claire asks me, pausing her actions of plucking out the tiny blades of grass from their roots.

"I am," I deadpan, glancing behind me to look at Colton's quiet house from Claire's garden. "I do think I like him."

"But, how could he hug you?" she exclaims. "I mean, I'm not saying it's bad, but it's just so random that I can't help but wonder if... nevermind. I worry, you know that, right?"

"Yeah," I sigh, and she resumes pulling out the green grass growing in her garden.

"What did you do after he hugged you?"

"I professed my love for him," I mutter sarcastically and she clicks her tongue in annoyance, shoving me to the side. Then she flicks her hair behind her shoulder while I adjust my glasses on my face.

"I'm serious."

"Nothing," I sigh again. "Being the cry baby I am, I cried 'in his arms'."

"Aw!" My best friend pulls my cheeks while cooing. I simply cringe.

"You know I don't like it when you do that."

"So, Bethany went off to college?" Claire changes the subject quickly and I raise my eyebrows at her questioningly.

"Are you taking my interview? What questions are you asking? 'What do you feel about Colton?', 'Where is your sister?'"

"I did not ask you that-"

"'What did you have for breakfast today?'" I imitate her voice while she's trying to control her laughter. "Like, babe, just shut up for once!"

"Did you just call me your babe?" she says incredulously and I shrug hesitantly.

"I thought best friends do that."

"Oh look, there's Ethan, Colton's brother and my future husband," she says suddenly, looking behind me at a guy who's climbing the roof of Colton's house, and waves at him. "Hey, Ethan!"

He waves back, shouting something which I can't hear, but Claire seems to get it.

"No, I won't catch you if you fall down!" she yells at him, and I have to cover my ears to prevent myself from going permanently deaf.

"Geez, lower it down a notch-"

"Okay, we're coming!" she shouts at him, ignoring me again, and pulls me up.

"Where are we going?" I ask in confusion as she starts walking briskly towards Colton's house. "Claire?"

"He said he'd give us free berries if we help him steal it from the neighbour's tree," she snaps, walking faster and dragging me with her when I don't increase my pace.