Chapter 27 [Colton's POV] -You Tried To Steal The Girl I Like

.Chapter 27 [Colton's POV] - You Tried To Steal The Girl I Like.

Songs: Recovery - Justin Bieber | Bitter And Sick - One Two

how do you like the new cover of CRAM? :) oh, and bitter and sick is an amazing song! do check it out in the video above!

****

"Are you sure you're okay?" Ethan asks me for the hundredth time, and I ignore his question for the ninety-ninth time, my knees bobbing up and down impatiently.

"Ethan, could you drive faster?" I snap, my fingers drumming on the back of my phone, but he doesn't answer me for a moment.

"Only if you stop making that fucking noise. Stop tapping your phone."

"Drive faster," I repeat but stop making the unnerving noise nevertheless. Ethan curses under his breath, speeding as I speak, resting one of his arms against the window pane, holding his head, as though thinking about something.

"You know..." he begins, a frown appearing on his face, "I saw you kiss Ella."

I raise my eyebrows. "So?"

"I thought you still feel something for Macy." His voice is steady and calm, but I know there's something more to it.

"I never felt anything for her. It was casual," I reply, glancing occasionally towards my brother's direction to see his reaction; he simply nods, not looking satisfied. I can sense that he's bursting to say more.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I just..." Ethan almost exclaims, removing his earlier resting elbow off the glass window. "Macy and I had a fight."

I don't say anything, just look ahead, waiting for him to elaborate.

"I don't think she's willing to stay with me now that she knows I have cancer, and honestly, I don't blame her, you know. Why would she want to deal with me when she can easily search for another guy? It's the initial stage right now, but it's going to get worse later."

Ethan's voice cracks a little at the end of his speech, and my head snaps in his direction in surprise. It's the first time I've heard him talk so freely about this.

I didn't know he was keeping all this bottled up inside him.

"Ethan..." I say, feeling helpless. "Pull over."

"What?" he frowns, thrown off-gaurd.

"Pull over," I say firmly and he obliges. Motioning him to switch sides, I take the driver's seat, starting the car. Five minutes pass by and none of us say anything, just wait for the other one to speak; but the silence remains unbroken even after we reach Drake's place.

Turning the engine off, I let out a long sigh, shifting my position in order to look at Ethan.

"Will you be okay?" I say in a low voice, placing my hand on his shoulder, surprising both of us. We were never close as kids, it's something we've been exploring now; so when I made some kind of contact with him, of course it was unexpected... for both of us.

"I-I think so," he nods. "Now go and do what you need to. We can talk later."

"I will."

---

The moment the door of Drake's house opens and he comes into view, his face pales; he opens his mouth to say something, except he doesn't. I brush past him and into his living room.

"Please tell me you haven't screwed up."

"I'm afraid I have." This is Drake's dry reply.

Growling under my breath, I take a deep breath and turn around to face him, my arms crossed against my chest, waiting for him to continue.