Chapter 26 [Colton's POV] - It Was All About You, Ella

.Chapter 26 [Colton's POV] - It Was All About You, Ella.

Please read the A/N at the end!

P.S: chapter badly edited

Song: What Do You Mean - Justin Bieber | Begin Again - Taylor Swift

****

"It'll look really cool, I'll bet you anything," Ethan says confidentially.

I just roll my eyes.

"You're just trying to be nice," I state, getting out of the car, just after my brother parks it outside our house.

"Oh come on, you've always been able to pull the badass tattoo look off." He punches my shoulder lightly, causing me to hiss in pain, glaring at him harshly.

"You asshole, out of all the body parts, did you have to chose that area to hurt me where I just got inked?"

Ethan continues cackling, bringing an annoying smile on my face. To an outsider, it would be almost impossible to guess that he has been diagnosed of cancer, but he's taking it so well, not changing the way he is, and I admire him so much for that.

My relationship with my brother is getting better and better, and even though I'm truly ecstatic about it, I can't help but feel cautious.

It's like they say: some people are too afraid to be happy because of the fear that something tragic might happen next - the reason why I wasn't getting too close to my brother in the first place.

And also the reason I was distancing myself from Ella Collins.

I had done exactly what I was afraid of, I had gotten too close but I wanted to go back; I was fearing that the amazing feeling that I got whenever I was with her was too good to be true.

And just when I thought that I was proving myself wrong, I came to know that my best friend was in love with her.

That was the last straw.

That was the only excuse I needed to backtrack. I had taken one step towards her, towards creating a bond with her but Drake's confession at the Collins' residence made me take three steps back.

And I am planning to stay where I am.

"Um, brother." Ethan's voice brings me back to earth. "Isn't that..."

I follow his gaze, my eyebrows furrowed.

"Ella?" My eyes widen as I take in the sight of a painfully familiar face: a beautiful girl sitting with her knees pulled in towards her chest on the front porch of my house.

Her eyes snap up at the mention of her name, and the amount of anger that her eyes are holding makes my feet freeze, causing Ethan, who was earlier walking along with me, to go past me. He pauses, his mouth curving into an almost nonexistent smirk as his head moves from Ella to me and then back to Ella.

"You!" Ella gets up as she sees me, her eyes welling with tears.

"What?" I say harshly. It's not my intention to sound like that, but the entire conversation I had with Drake is the only thing I remember.

"What is wrong with you?" she exclaims, hastily brushing her tears away from under her glasses she rarely wears, coming to a halt in front of me, her chest heaving as she stares at me, livid.

Maybe it's her intention to seem intimidating, but she's not. She simply seems even more alluring than she already is.

"What did I do now?" I say impassively, "we haven't spoken in weeks."