Chapter 25 - Macy Told Me Everything

.Chapter 25 - Macy Told Me Everything.

*drama alert* Gimme ur lovely comments beauties! They are amazing and really make my day! :D Sorry for the typos! Do point 'em out ^.^

Songs: Right Now - One Direction | Strong - One Direction

****

Two weeks later...

"Ella, you do know you're supposed to be arranging books and not zone out on them," Claire says to me, chewing on a bubblegum loudly.

I just roll my eyes.

"It's what I'm doing."

"No, you're staring off into space like you are seeing Colton. C'mon now, get over the dickhead!"

I blush in embarrassment, though in reality, I'm not thinking about Colton. I'm thinking about the fact that I'm surrounded by books; a part-time job in the library was what I wanted, and now that I have it, I'm planning on making full use of it.

"It's not Colton I'm thinking about," I say, glancing sideways at her; she just shrugs, picking at her nails, leaning against a shelf.

"Whatever floats your-"

"Well, well, well, what do we have here?" A feminine voice cuts Claire off.

My neck snaps to my right, my hand hovering in mid-air, book still held in its grasp.

"Macy?"

"Surprised to see me here?" Macy smirks, strutting towards me; I throw a sideway peek at Claire, but she's staring coldly at the girl coming to us with a book in hand.

"Um..."

"Don't be," she waves me off, "I'm not here for myself."

Claire chuckles at her statement, diverting Macy's attention off me and towards my best friend.

"I'm surprised you are in someplace other than the Andrews siblings' beds."

I've got to admit, that was one hell of a comeback.

"Shut up, bitch, no one's talking to you!" Macy snaps at her.

But just before I can open my mouth to ask her what she's doing here in the very library I work at, Macy answers my unasked question herself.

"Anyways, I'm here to return this book that Ethan had borrowed. And he wants me to issue another book for him."

"I'm surprised he doesn't have an issue being with you," Claire mutters bitterly and I pucker my lips. Someone's going through a heartbreak, and it's not me.

"I can be full of surprises," Macy says dismissively, looking at Claire and then back at me.

"Which book does he want?" I ask, taking the book out of Macy's outstretched hands, examining it.

"Pride And Prejudice."

My lips twitch up in sheer amusement, surprised at the tone that she just used. Looking up at her, my amusement turns into something else as I see a small smile on her face.

"Ethan has read it so many times, he just doesn't get tired of reading it. I'm planning on buying a copy of the book for his birthday, actually..."

Despite my dislike for Macy, I find her actions and gestures touching. She really does seem to care about Ethan Andrews.

"Bitch," Claire mutters under her breath, and I shoot a warning glare at her.