Chapter 30 [Colton's POV] - Today Is Officially The National Lying Day

.Chapter 30 [Colton's POV] - Today Is Officially The National Lying Day.

☆ The gorgeous banner in the media bar to the top is submitted by xxdesigirl1xx :) Her books are amazing! Do take a look at them!

Songs: Never Say Never (Don't Let Me Go) - The Fray | Love Me Like You Do - Ellie Goulding

A few hours ago, I was writing down this chapter and instead of saving it as a draft, I accidentally published it. Oops! So this is the COMPLETE chapter 30, and not the measly 4 lines I had written. Sorry for the confusion!

---

*trigger warning*

A week has gone by since everything.

A whole week since I asked Ella to be my girlfriend; a week after the Ethan and Macy drama, and a week since I started having disturbing nights.

Given the newfound reason I have to be happy, I had expected that I'd get more sleep: more peaceful sleep. But instead, my head keeps throbbing throughout the day.

I've become snappy and irritable than usual because of lack of sleep, and my mind constantly drifts towards the bottle of sleeping pills lying in the drawer beside my bed. The pills have tempted me more than what I'd like to admit, I just wish the doctor would've prescribed something more strong.

A small hiss of irritation escapes from my lips and I jump out of bed, the pounding in my head as also the thoughts in my brain not making me feel any better. Pushing the duvet off of me, my breath coming out irregular, I rest my head in my hands, my elbows placed on my thighs as I try to breath in more, trying to calm my racing heart.

My chest heaves as a sharp pain shoots in my head, making me clutch my head tighter. Ducking my head down further, a dry sob escapes my lips as I run my fingers through my hair once, ready to pull them out. Tears start their way slowly down my cheeks, feeling as though they're burning my face.

I wish the pain just stopped...

Negative thoughts race my mind as I stay frozen on the bed, trying to let sleep come to me, but that doesn't happen. The only thing that comes to me is the pain.

I try to breath in and out slowly, but my arms keep shaking, making me hold on to the duvet tightly, my eyes close shut.

As my breaths become more levelled, it dawns upon me how much I'm sweating. My t-shirt is stuck to my body and my forehead is lined with sweat, some of my hair plastered to my forehead with it.

Bringing a shaky hand to my torso, I take off my t-shirt, tossing it on the bed carelessly, my body lunging forward towards the bedside table. I pull the drawer out, switching on the bedside lamp, my hands fumbling to open the bottle containing my pills.

I think I've had enough of restless nights...

"Colton!"

My heart hammers in my chest violently the moment I hear a familiar voice, the small bottle dropping from my hands back into the drawer.

With a swift moment, I'm on my feet which is clearly a wrong move because I feel the world spin around me, making me dizzy. I stumble forward a little, clutching the table beside me for support, but Ella's faster than me.

Taking two big steps towards me, she catches me by my shoulders, steadying me, but it takes so much self-control to not slap her hands away because the feeling of someone else's skin against mine is really irritating. So I simply shrug her off, sauntering towards the bed.