33. - Present

Hey! So as promised, this is the early new update because I have a long weekend from school this week so yay! Enjoy your reading and please vote if you liked it :D Also, this story has just reached 3K reads! Yaaaa.

- - - - - - - - - -

Ch. 33

            "Dylan, can you give us a moment?" Janelle says after a long while of us sitting in silence. Dylan on his bed, me on mine and Janelle at the end of mine. I can tell she has a bunch of mixed up feelings right now including upsetting, angry, confused, sorry for her stupid best friend and something else I can't make out.

            I quickly give Dylan a look as if saying, go now before you get your balls chopped off for real.

            I guess he realizes what I mean because in a second he stands up and is out of the room. When there are only me and Janelle left, she crosses her arm and I hug the pillow closer to my chest, smelling a scent of Dylan's smell he left last night. No, it's not sweat. Just the smell.

            "So, care to explain?" she raises her voice which actually scares me. I'm not exactly sure if she is going to kill me or scold me or just asking and interrogating me. But it scares the shit out of me. "Have you guys been dating since you went to Berklee?"

            "Well, no..." I hesitate. "But he was kind of my roommate all along. Some stuff happens in the last 8 months and I don't know what it was but it kind of just gets us back together."

            "Kind of just got you back together?" Janelle asks.

            I nod. "It happens over a period of time and over a series of events, Janie. But it was a flow and eventually we end up like this."

            "How did you guys get back together though? I'm sure a girl who got cheated on by a guy wouldn't just fall back for the same guy without any cautions."

            "He asks me for a second chance," I tell her. "He told me about that night. It was an accident."

            "Was it, Kaylie?" Janelle raises her eyebrows. "That's what every fucking guy says."

            "Janie, I was there that morning. Judging by his look, maybe it was really an accident. I mean, Jennifer is one of that typical bitches."

            "Yeah but he cheated on you, Kaylie," Janelle says, the worried expression plasters clearly on her face. "Is it really worth the trust?"

            "Like I just told you, it was an accident." I sigh. "I don't know, Janie. I just thought maybe..."

            "Are you falling back for him that much already?" she concerns.

            I stay silent for a moment. Have I already fallen back for him that much? Not completely. But somewhat partially. Majority, I am guessing. Is that bad? To an extent, the real question right now is that if I am ready to put up with all these past incidents. And I am not really sure if I am.  I mean, sure, he was apologetic. But would I risk it for a boy who broke my heart once before?

            I hesitate. "It's hard to say. I'm not like completely in love with him or anything and I'm not like, love him like I did three years ago." I sigh again. "Love is a pretty heavy word right now, considering the circumstances."