11. - Past

“You’ll be in the choir practice today? That’s so sad! I have to walk home alone again?” I pouted as I talked to Janelle on the phone, “You didn’t even tell me in advance! Such horrible friends you are Janie… Alright fine, ice cream tomorrow, promise?”

“Pinky promise!” Janelle voice was on the other end.

I ended the call and sighed. I had to walk home today because Mom is in a meeting, and it is like 60 degrees today – not that I’m freezing – it’s boring to walk alone!

“Going home?” Dylan’s voice startled me. Gosh, this boy…

“Yeah.” I smiled. Oh God, here comes the melting Kaylie.

Dylan shrugged, “Great, I’m going that way too! Let’s walk together.”

Holy cow, did Dylan Carter just asked me to walk with him the second time?

“What? Where are you going?” I questioned him.

“Let’s go and I’ll tell you.” He winked and started walking.

“My house is actually near yours. It’s like a 10 minutes’ walk.” He informed me while we were walking out of the school’s entrance.

I widened my eyes, and I’m pretty sure I look creepy right now.

“What, really?”

He nodded and smiled. “So we can go home together almost every day now!” He smiled childishly. Oh my God that’s so adorable. “It’s good because I get bored walking alone anyways.”

This is like a dream coming true. The hottest guy in school is going to walk me home.

We walked side by side towards the shuttle station. Dylan made all sort of jokes that made me laugh like a weird girl – probably because I am. We talked about ourselves, our hobbies, and things that are so far-imagined that you would not even understand.

“Thanks for walking me home, AGAIN.” I smiled sheepishly at him once we’ve reached my house.

“No prob, Kaylie. We’ll be walking home more often so get yourself comfortable!” Dylan said excitingly and winked at me.

I blushed and waved at him.

“Kaylie. Kaylie!” I heard someone calling my name. “KAYLIE!”

I got thrown out of my little world and looked over to see Janelle snapping her fingers at me.

“What’s with the daydreaming face?” she asked while observing my happiness look. “You have been spacing out for like forever.”

“Ahh Janie…” I sang as I closed my eyes.

“What the hell are you doing!” Janelle yelled when I used my hands to pinch her cheeks.

I smiled foolishly, “He’s so cute.”

“Who?”

“The hottest guy in school, duh.”

“Dylan?”

I gave Janelle the obvious stare. She grinned at me.

“What?” I questioned.

“Aren’t you going to tell me what happened between you and the “hottest guy in school?” she raised her eyebrow.

“Well…” I started, and told her the entire story, including the incident and the ice cream date and the walking back home together,… oh and how hot he was. Let’s not forget how hot he was, he still is though.

“Ohmigosh!” Janelle squealed after I have finished telling my fairy tale.

“Shhhh…” I covered her mouth, “we’re in the school’s cafeteria Janie!”

She looked around and giggled, “Who cares?” though she reduced her volume already, “Oh my God, you’re so lucky!”

“I know!” I smiled, thinking about Dylan. Suddenly, my face turned serious. “Hey, there is a dance organized by our school and NY High next week right?”

“Yeah,” Janelle eyebrows narrowed, “so what?” and then she widened her eyes, “Is he going to ask you to the dance?” she squeaked quietly.

“I don’t know,” I said excitedly. Of course I hoped that he will. Or he won’t, because there are tons of pretty girls in 10th grade and his grade, and I am nothing compared to them. Oh well, let’s hope.

---

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3