5. - Present

“Hey Taylor.” Dylan calls me from across the room – it’s actually just a small distance.

“How nice of you calling my last name,” I said sarcastically.

“Can you help me with this thing?” He asks as he bites his pencil.

I stand up and walk over to his bed, leaning to see what the question he has is.

“Oh,” I realize the question. It’s some lessons about the composition of the chords relation. “Songs without fluctuation usually ends in C or Am.” I point to the practice. “Just follow this and you’ll get it.”

“Okay thanks.” He nods and then continues doing his work.

I stare at him for a few seconds before he looks up and caught me.

“What?” He asks.

“Nothing.” I answer too quickly and then walk back to my bed.

. . .

“Arghhhhh, bored bored bored bored bored bored!” I yell alone in the room.

Picking up my phone, I check the time. It’s 10 in the morning.

It’s Thursday today, which means I have no class. Dylan is out and so is Catherine. I’m alone in my room, dying slowly because of boredom.

I decide to watch some movies on Dylan’s Netflix. What else is better to do? It’s only 10. Still in my pajama – long comfortable pants and an oversize t-shirt – I turn on the laptop and go to Netflix. I knew Dylan’s account because he said I can watch if I want to alone. So with curtain and lights closed, I chose The Other Woman. Yeah, I need some comedy right now.

It was almost noon when I finish the movie. Damn, I laughed out tears during the movie, haha. Serve that dude right. I mean, duh, he deserves it. Tell me a guy who cheats on three girls isn’t a bastard, yeah, I thought so too.

After changing, I made my way down to the cafeteria.

“Hey, are you out?” I talk into my phone.

“Yeah, I’ll be there in five.” Catherine on the other side answers me. Yeah she better hurries. I’m starving.

. . .

“Hey Kay!” I hear Catherine calling me.

“Hey!” I wave.

She sits down next to me and start unwrapping her food.

“So how’s things?” She asks while pulling out her Gatorade.

“Boring.” I shrug, eating my French fries. “I watched The Other Woman this morning. It was hilarious.”

“Yeah I know right?” Catherine says with an exciting face. “That dude deserves some kicks in the butt.”

“What’s up over there anyways?” I frown, motioning at a large group of people huddling around something I couldn’t see.

Catherine turns her head in their direction.

“I think it’s some couple getting together,” Catherine says slowly while she observes them. “I don’t know, I just passed by and heard them yelling some couple name earlier.”

“Who’s the couple?”

“I’m not sure, Dilan, Dylan something and Britney?” Catherine frowns as she tries to remember.

My eyes pop up. Dylan? Could it be Dylan Carter?

I shot up from the table and make my way towards the crowds. It was hard squeezing through the people, but when I made it through, I think my heart starts beating faster.

The couple was Dylan and Brittany – as in Brittany Defeau, an originally French girl who happens to be a cheerleader of the States’ Cheerleading Team. Stereotypes. Dylan Carter is a hot guy, a popular one, sporty and musician, of course his girlfriend will turns out to be a smoking hot cheerleader, no question about that.

Hold on, why did my heart beat faster earlier? It shouldn’t be.

Oh God Kaylie, get yourself together. We’re over this. And now I’m babbling to myself. I thought.

I walk back to our table. “Why do they make such a big deal out of this?” I ask Catherine.

“They’re like the perfect match in school.” Catherine explains. Well it does make sense.

“I’m going back to my room,” I say as I clean up the trashes. “You have classes this afternoon?”

“Yeah,” Catherine chuckles. “Music business class.”

“Haha, okay, see ya!”

“Bye.”

. . . 

I am sitting on my bead, reading Allegiant as the doorknob twitches and Dylan comes in. He looks exhausted.

“Hey,” I greeted without looking up from my book “Eat anything yet?”

He just shakes his head and lied on the bed.

I put my book down, stand up and walk over to my bag. I pulled out a sandwich from the afternoon and throw it to Dylan.

“Ow…” Dylan groans.

“Sorry,” I say, “It’s not good going to sleep hungry” I climb on my bed and continue reading my book. “Go shower and eat up.”

I see him looking at me from the corner of my eye, then he smiles and got up.

“Thanks, Taylor.” He calls me by my last name again.

---

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3