22. - Past

22.

My whole body froze when the plane took off.

“Kaylie? Are you okay?” Dylan asked me. I smiled weakly at him and nodded.

“I’m just very likely to throw up during flights.” I whispered and felt Dylan held on to my hand.

“Thank you.” I smiled as I took the keys for our hotel rooms. I gave one to Dylan’s family and one to Parker and Janelle.

As we made our ways to our rooms, Dylan suggested we go swimming. I immediately nodded because duh, what else do you do in California when it’s this warm? I went with my family to our room 513 (the other two rooms are 514 and 515) and quickly changed into my yellow bikini. I applied some sunscreen and myself and mom then grabbed my sunglasses and wrapped a bikini’s croptop over my bikini. We went to the beach.

Dylan turned around and stared at me, his jaw almost dropped.

“Babe?” I waved at him.

He looked at me, “You’re beautiful.” He smirked.

I blushed and nudged his arm, then we went to swim while waiting for the couple.

It was a nice day, sun shining and all. The beach was nice too, clear and blue. Dylan and I joked around under the water. I hopped on his back and he carried me, swimming around. Eventually, he held my arm and turned me so that I’m facing him. He grabbed my waist and picked me up underwater. I giggled and wrapped my legs around his torso.

“You’d probably wouldn’t be able to carry me if it’s not for the water.” I joked, pecking at his nose.

He chuckled, and kissed me for a quick 3 seconds before pulling back, “Yeah, I mean, you sure as hell ate a lot of chocolates this morning in the airport.”

“Can you really blame me though? They’re CHOCOLATES.” I emphasized with exaggeration.

We danced in the water some more, at one point Dylan grabbed my ankles pulled me down underwater and tried to kiss me on my lips but failed miserably, which resulted me choking on salty seawater.

Dylan held back his laugh as he stroked my back while I’m coughing like I’m going to die in 5 minutes. “Are you okay baby?”

I coughed some more before answering him, “Dylan effkin’ Carter, I swear you’re never kissing me again.”

He laughed and pouted, “Aw babe, don’t do that.”

I was about to answer when I heard Janelle’s voice in the background, “Kaylie! Dylan!” I turned around. She was wearing a blue bikini that matched with her blue bow on her ponytail. God damn her perfect body that always makes me jealous. Holding on to her hand is Parker. Ooh damn, I must say he had a god darn hot figure with abs. Psh, this couple is so perfect I drooled – I mentally rolled my eyes.

As if I looked like I was checking out on Parker, Dylan nudged me, “Hey Kaylie, your boyfriend is over here, not there. That’s your bestfriend’s boyfriend.” I looked over at him and laughed.

“Not funnyyy.” He whined like a child. “I’m not sure I want my girlfriend staring her eyes out on Janelle’s boyfriend.”

I wrapped my arms around his neck. He had this really cute kid jealousy look right now. I chuckled and made a face to tease him. “Aw, how pity aren’t you?” I pecked his nose. “But since you made me choked on water, I’d be checking out on the guys over there as your consequences.” I pointed over to the other side of the beach, where hot and tanned dude are laying under the sun.