19. - Present

“Gosh, Kaylie, chill the fuck down.” Dylan rolls his eyes at me while I am running and skipping around the room excited for the upcoming field trip.

“Dude, how can you NOT be excited?” I ask him, “This is going to be so much fun WE’RE GOING TO AUSTRIA.” I squeal.

“What the hell I think I just went through a series of tympanic membrane break down.” He says covering his ears.

I raise my eyebrows at him, “Mind saying that in a non-medical way?”

“It means you’re fucking ruining my ears, Taylor.” He replies calling my last name. I chuckle.

We are ready and all set for this trip. Our dorm building is leaving at 8AM on Thursday, and today is Monday. I heard the Bass Clef is leaving for their trip – to somewhere I forgot – tomorrow. That’s like so unfair, how come they get to go 2 days before us?

I know I was not that excited when they first announced this but hell, I need a break from my exhausting schedule. I tell you, my friend, if you EVER think that studying a musical major is easy, you are DEAD wrong. It’s like ripping off your brain, not to mention your throat because you always have to practice your voice.

“Aight, I’mma go to sleep.” Dylan says. I glare at the clock.

“The hell dude? It’s like 8:30.”

He rolls his eyes, “What, is that like a time when I’m forbid to sleep? Jesus, I woke up at 5 today, cut me some slack.”

I laugh. “Okay okay. Shoo!” Then I continue reading my book.

“Hey Kaylie?” He suddenly calls. What the…

“Yeah?”

“Chicken butt.” He chuckles then turns towards the wall.

What the fuck man? I’m telling you, this guy here is hell messed up. I face-palmed myself.

. . .

“OH MY GOSH WE’RE GOING TO AUSTRIA!” I shout as I run around checking if I’m forgetting anything.

“Holy shit Kaylie shut up!” Dylan Carter here, still rolling on his bed, covering his ears.

“Hell, dude wake up! It’s 6 already!! We’re supposed to be presented in the foyer by 6:30 you know.” I shake him and hit his arms.

“Nooooo my precious sleep!! Let me sleep go away!” He groans and pushes me off his bed. I roll my eyes as I stand up and walk towards my bag. I’m not carrying a luggage guys, they will charge like 50 dollars for a check-in luggage, which is hell no.

I open up my bag, looking again if I need anything else. My “girl week” just passed yesterday so I wouldn’t be needing pads. However, I brought 2 in case. Menstruation is weird you know, once I got it for 5 weeks… Anyways, looking in my bag, I have 6 pairs of clothing, underwear and bras, checked! Umm, oh yeah there are my lip glosses and lip balms too. If you haven’t notice, I am OBSESSED with lip balms. I have like all sorta flavors. Cherry, vanilla, coffee, blueberry,… Yeah and I also have my face lotion with me. I go over to my nightstand and unplug my phone, throwing my charger into the bag. I also put the Kindle and its charger inside. Oh shit, I forgot my music notebooks. Grr, I groan inwardly. Since it is a school field trip, we are going to learn some music instrument creating shit and have to write a whole essay or research paper on it. I slap my face and got my notebooks.

 I hear Dylan rolling back and forth then he got out of bed (finally), walking towards the bathroom with his eyes closed. I grab my clothes on the bed and ran to the door, blocking his way.