3. - Present

It has been a week since classes start. I was already used to my schedule. First year is pretty flexible. Vocal class on Monday and Wednesday, 9 to 12 in the morning, and then lunch, and then music theory in the afternoon. Music technology on Tuesday and Friday, from 3 to 5 in the afternoon. I have Thursday and the weekend off. I don’t have instruments courses until the second semester.

Speaking of this, I wonder what major is Dylan in.

Oh what the heck, why would I even want to know? He’s hell of a jerk.

Yeah, I know you think he’s hot, but trust me, he’s not.

. . .

“Yes… yes Mom, yes, everything is perfectly fine. Yeah Mom, yeah I will. Okay Mom, bye, love you.” I turn off my phone after talking with my parents. 

Ashton knew about me living with Dylan. He was dead worried. I told him I was fine and I was over it long time ago – and I was. So things couldn’t be that bad. Besides, I rarely talk to him when we’re in the room, and we’re rarely in the room together. His schedule is way different from mine, thankfully.

“I told you no is no! No I won’t go to that party tonight. I’m fucking tired!” I was startled Dylan voice when he enter the room shouting. His phone is next to his ear.

“No! Why the hell do I HAVE TO go??” He continues shouting. “Yeah well I don’t fucking care.” He turns off the phone and throws it on his bed.

He stumbles into the bathroom and slams the door. Geez, this dude could be really hot-tempered sometimes. He wasn’t like that. At least, he wasn’t like that before.

I shake the thought of that old Dylan off my mind when he opens the bathroom door.

“Bad mood today?” I didn’t plan on saying that, it just slipped.

He looks at me.

“No, I just feel like yelling and swearing in a good mood.” He snaps.

Whoa, talk about Dylan’s sarcasm.

“Ooh, okay. Chill dude.” I smirk. “What’s wrong?”

Geez why the hell did I say that???

“You care?” He lifts his eyebrow. Told you, he’s a jerk.

I didn’t realize it back then though.

“Yeah, I totally care about why you slammed that bathroom door.” I pretend to roll my eyes. 

He rolls his eyes too. Stop copying me!

“Argued with the other dude.” Dylan says. “He keep forcing me to go with him to this stupid party where there will be hot cheerleaders.”

“Isn’t that what you’re interested in though?”

He stares at me.

Oops.

I quickly look away. That didn’t turn out like what I meant at first.

God damn it stop thinking about it Kaylie Taylor! It’s over. That’s 3 years ago!

“Staying tonight? Or going out?” Thank God he changes the subject.

“Where would I go? Cheerleading guys?” I raise my eyebrows.

He laughs.

“I’d be interested in some.” He winks. Urgh… that wink.

“You’re gross, Dylan Carter.”

“I’m sure you didn’t mean it.”

“Psh of course I did.” I add a scoff.

“You used to tell me different.” He says.

You were changing the subject so well Dylan. There goes the awkward silence again.

“I did? Oh well I don’t even remember!” I pretend smirking. “You staying in tonight too?”

“Yeah.” He sighs. “Might as well buy popcorns and turn on some Netflix.”

---

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3