16. - Past

I stared at my reflection in the mirror one last time, making sure everything was perfect and ready to go to the dance. My hair was tied up in a high, princess-styled bun, with single hair on each side of my face. I reached into my small jewelries box and took out the white feather with a small flower on top to clip in front of my bun. My eyes were lightly highlighted with mascara, and my lips had the color of hot pink from my lipstick. I wore crystal earrings and a pearly white necklace from Pandora. My charm bracelet and my floral ring on my hands, also from Pandora. My dress was white – the one I bought from La Princesa the other day with Janelle.

“Honey, your ride is here!” Mom called from downstairs.

“Coming Mom!”

I grabbed my Enchanted perfume and sprayed the last finishing touch and then skipped downstairs. I gave my mom and my dad each a kiss on the cheek and ran out of the door, not forgetting to put on my white high heels. Dylan was already standing by his car. He wore a white vest and his brown hair was combed perfectly.

“Dylan!” I called.

He turned around and dropped his jaw when he stared at me.

I waved my hands in front of his eyes. “Dylan? You look like you just saw a ghost.” I laughed.

“I saw a beautiful one in white dress. You look gorgeous, Kaylie Taylor.” He smiled at me which made me blushed like crazy.

“Oh my gosh Kaylie you look like a princess!” Janelle squealed when Dylan and I arrived at the entrance. Behind her was Parker Waters, her dance date.

I smiled at her. “Thank you. You look perfect too babe. Oh my God look at them curves.” I laughed, then I turned to Parker, “Hey Parker.”

“Hi” Parker greeted back, smiling at me.

“We better go in, I’m dying of thirst.” I told everyone.

“Yeah.” They all agreed.

We all walked in, my hand hanging on Dylan’s arm. People were talking and the DJ was playing “Somebody That I Used To Know”. Some couples were making out in the corners.

“Can I get you a drink?” Dylan whispered into my ear making me giggled.

I nodded, giving him a smile.

“That dude is so hot, Kaylie.” Janelle whispered to me once Parker set off to get her drink as well.

I rolled my eyes and laughed, motioning towards Parker. “You’re so chaotic, Janelle.”

“I’m just kidding!” she laughed as well.

Dylan sneaked up behind my back, “Kaylie!” He whispered.

I jumped from startled. “You scared me, Dylan.”

He chuckled and gave me the drink. I took a sip and looked up at him. “How did you know I like Hawaiian Fruit Punch?”

“Let’s just say, I like to find out new things about you.” He smirked sweetly. The DJ started playing ‘A Thousand Years’. Dylan smiled at me, “Can I have this dance?” he held out his hand.

I put my drink on a table nearby and took his hand, “Of course you can.”

And we started dancing between seas of people. Well, not SEAS – it’s only like 70 people in the dance.

It’s 9PM. I was sitting on a couch in the corner of the dance room, rubbing my feet because I wasn’t used to high heels – well, the heels I wore tonight were VERY high. Dylan was at the drink table talking to his friends. Janelle and Parker were picking some cupcakes from the food table. Tsk, Janelle, never change. More and more people have gone home, there were only about 20 people left.

“Hurt?” Dylan appeared out of nowhere and sat down on the couch next to me.

I nodded, “Yeah, I wore these for like 3 hours straight already.”

“You want to go home?” He asked, “I mean, there’s not many people left.”

“Okay.” I agreed happily.

“Thanks for dropping me, AND picking me.” I told Dylan once we reached my door.

“No problem.” He smiled, and then he took my hands in his. Oh my God. My heart was beating like a drum. “Hey Kaylie,”

“Yeah?” I looked up at him.

He looked at me for a while and then… brought his lips to mine.

Holy shit what the hell is happening?

My eyes were shut already and I can’t even remember when. I just let myself enjoy the kiss. His hands found their ways to my waist, and I brought my hands to his neck, pulling him closer. The kiss deepening and I felt my knees trembling and my heart beating harder and faster by seconds. A moment later, we both had to pull away because we were out of breath.

Dylan stared into my eyes and said, “Kaylie Mills Taylor, will you be my girlfriend?”

I smiled so widely my eyes got smaller, “Well, you just took my first kiss, so congratulations Dylan Carter, I’d be your girlfriend.”

---

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3