18. - Past

The ringtone of “Everybody Talks” woke me up from my somewhat-deep-sleep. I groaned lightly as the sun is shining into my eyes and reached over to my nightstand and unplugged my iPhone from my charger.

“Hello?” I answered with my eyes closed, without even bothering to look who is calling.

“Morning sunshine.” I felt Dylan smiling on the other side. My lips twitched and turned into a smile too.

“Morning.” I replied. “What’s with the call so early?”

“Just making sure my voice will be the first sound you’d hear in the morning.” He said, making me grin like a fool.

“Okay, Dylan,” I smiled, “What do you want?” I asked.

“Breakfast at my place?” He offered, “I made it.”

“You cooked? Are you sure it is edible?” I teased him.

“Harhar, very funny Kaylie.”

I laughed, pulling the phone away from my ear to look at the time. It’s 8:25. “Aight, I’ll be over by 9.”

“Okay babe.” He faked a smooching sound through the phone before hanging up.

I got out of bed, smiling, and walked with my eyes half-closed into the bathroom to wash up. After waking up completely, I put on a pair of shorts and a drop-shoulder denim shirt. I let my hair fall to the middle of my back and clipped a denim color bow onto one side. After applying facial cream, I grabbed my phone, my lip balm and 50 dollars and put into my shorts’ pocket. I headed downstairs and found Dad reading the paper in the living room and Mom in the kitchen.

“Morning Mom.” I gave her a kiss before opening the fridge to grab a bottle of soymilk.

“Going somewhere so early?” Mom asked me while still making breakfast for Dad.

I finished my cup of milk, “Yeah, I’m heading over to Dylan’s place. I’ll probably be there until noon.” I informed her.

“Okay hon, try not to scare the boy off.” Mom joked. I pouted and headed out the door, not forgetting to give my Dad a kiss on the cheek before that.

I took the bus down to the stop station near Dylan’s house and walked for 5 minutes before I reached his place. Dylan is in his garden, cleaning his dog’s cage.

“Hey!” I greeted, and he stood up.

“Hi.” He gave me a kiss. “I need to go clean up before I bring out the food.”

I glanced at his hands. “Yeah, definitely. I wouldn’t want my breakfast with dog’s poo on it.”

He laughed and ran into the house. I heard a bark and turned around to see Tom.

“Hey Tom!” I smiled, giving him a scratch. “I forgot your treat today! Maybe tomorrow?” I pouted guiltily.

Tom is Dylan’s dog. He is about 3 years old and is very, VERY hyper.

“Where are your parents and your sister?” I asked as I entered the house, washing my hands because I just touched Tom.

“They’re out for a morning movie. Seriously, who watches movies in the morning?” he raised his eyebrows while bringing out the breakfast. He made bacons with mini pancakes.

“Oh my gosh,” I exclaimed as I stared at the food. “I love you so much right now, you’re the best bacon- I mean the best boyfriend ever.”