1. - Present

Has been edited once.

Has been edited twice. (actually i had to re-edit this because of the changes in wattpad look ._.)

- - - - - - - - - - 

Ch. 1

        "Wake up Kaylie, wake up hon!"

        I hear someone calling my name. It sounds like my mom.

        "Wake up honey, it's late!"

        Yeah, it sounds a lot like my mom.

        "Kaylie Mills Taylor" She shouts. "Wake up this instant!" And I feel my cozy blanket being pulled away from me. I open my eyes.

        "Mom," I groan. Yep, it IS my mom. "It's 3. That's like the middle of the night."

        "Have you forgotten already? Ashton is driving you to your college. It's your first day today." Mom puts her hands on her hip.

        "Oh yeah," I rub my eyes, not looking like I'm going to get out of bed in any minutes. Come on, it's college. What's the big deal? Okay, it IS a big deal, but it's like 3AM, who the hell goes to school at 3?

        "Go get ready, Ashton is waiting." Ashton is my brother. "You're almost 19 already, not a little kid anymore Kay." With that, Mom walks out.

        As much as I hate it, I manage to climb out of bed with my eyes half close. After bumping into the walls a few times, I make it to the bathroom alive.

. . .

        "Morning Ash," I say as I walk down the stairs. "Morning Mom and Dad!" I called into the kitchen.

        "It literally took you an hour to pee and brush your teeth?" Ashton raises an eyebrow at me.

        "Ash, you've been through this. Waking up this early to go to school is like facing a firing squad." I roll my eyes as I take the cup of milk Mom prepared on the table.

        Ashton Taylor is my brother - I said that already - He is 22, currently studying business in his third year.

         I glance out the window. It is pitched black.

        "Are you sure you can drive in this kind of weather?" I sip my milk, asking Ash. "I mean it's like driving in a cave."

        "If you want to arrive at like 10 and not being able to check in, we can leave at 6." Ashton raises his shoulders.

          "Honey, you need to check into your dorm room." Mom calls out.

        "But class doesn't start until the day after tomorrow Mom!" I retort. Seriously, I can go there like tomorrow and still have my room, maybe some shouting from the dorm guard, that's it.

        "Orientation today Kaylie!" Mom's still winning.

        Shoot, almost forgot. Yeah, first orientation today. Gotta be on time. I sigh.

        "Alright, got your things?" Ashton puts down the newspaper - Ew, reading a newspaper at 22? You're turning into Dad, Ash.

        I raise my backpack in my hand and motion towards the luggage at the door. "Yeah."

        "Take care honey." Mom walks out from the kitchen as Ashton opens the front door. "Got everything you need right?"

        I nodded.