2. - Present

Wait? What?

Dylan Carter?

I blink a few times, making sure I’m not hallucinating. I hope I am though.

After making sure this is not some kind of I-am-crazy-and-I-imagine-things stuff, from blinking my eyes, I move to dropping my jaw.

Why the hell is he here? In Berklee?

Why the hell is he in 206?

Oh God, please tell me this is not true. Life is pulling pranks on me.

“Uhh, is there something you want to inform me Anna?” Dylan – who looks as shocking as I do – breaks the silence and asks Anna.

I hope she’ll say she brought me to the wrong room or something, but no.

“This is your roommate Dylan. She’s Kaylie.” Anna says to Dylan.

“My roommate?” Dylan’s mouth could not be wider at this time. “Kaylie Taylor?”

“Great, you guys already know each other?” Anna widen her eyes and smile. Seriously, this is not a happy matter Anna.

I turn to her.

“There have got to be some mistakes here right Anna?” I smile sheepishly at her. “I signed up for a female roommate.” I look like I was pleading, and maybe I was.

“Oh, they didn’t tell you?” Anna frowns as she looks at me. “Well, there has been problems organizing the roommates and all the people before you have signed up for all the female roommates. We couldn’t really change this now, it would mess our system up.” She tells me.

Oh Lord, please.

“There are security guards, Kaylie.” Anna says quickly. “Nothing bad will happen.” She says almost in a whisper.

That’s not the point. I don’t mean those kinds of things.

“Is there really no choices?” My eyes begging Anna.

“I’m so sorry Kaylie.” She purses her lips. “Unless I can somehow arrange the roommates again, which I doubt will success, you’ll just have to cope with it.” She lifts her shoulders. “I’m sorry.”

My eyes find their way to Dylan. He hasn’t said anything.

“I… need to go now.” Anna says as she glances as her watch. “You two will figure it out.” She smiles and leaves the room.

…leaving me and him, Dylan.

I stare at him, waiting for him to say something. What? I’m not breaking this silence. Hell no I’m doing that.

When I realize that he isn’t planning on saying anything soon, I find the staring at him too creepy so I move my eyes to the floor.

Okay, seriously Dylan? We are going to starve, staring at the floor and each other.

“So…” Dylan starts.

Finally. Getting hungry?

“I’ll take the bed by the window.” I inform him, making my way towards it with my backpack and my luggage. It’s not like I have any other choices since his stuff are already on the other bed.

Dylan stands up and walks towards me.

Ohhh no.

He hands me a stack of papers… What?

“These are the dormitory rules.” He says without emotions. “Read over it. It’s just basically no drugs, no parties, no sex, no abusing, blah blah…”

Yeah unless there is another room with a boy and a girl like this room, where would sex comes from? I mentally roll my eyes.

“Thanks.” I take the papers and throw it on my bed.

“You want to take a shower or something?” He asks.

Well that turned out wrong. Did he just seriously ask me that?

I raise my eyebrow at him.

“I mean, do you want to use the bathroom or I will use it?” He corrects.

“You can use it, I’m going to the orientation.” I reply. “Are you seriously going to take a shower now?” I ask him. It’s like 9 in the morning.

“I haven’t bath yesterday.” He says as he took out his clothes and towels.

Ooh kay I did NOT need to hear that.

“Gross. I’m going to pretend I didn’t hear what you just said.” I make a disgusted face and continue to organize my things.

He just smirks and goes into the bathroom.

. . .

“Kaylie!” Someone calls my name. I look around.

“Hi Catherine!” I call back to her.

“How was the orientation?” She asks. “What major are you studying?”

“Music Performing and Composing/Technology.” I shrug. “You?”

“Music Management.”

“Nice.” I comment. “It’s 12. You want to grab something?”

“Yeah,” She agrees “The cafeteria is over there.” She points over to the large room on the first floor of the building.

This is the main building. This cafeteria is where we have breakfasts and lunches. Dinners for students who stay in the dorm are in the dormitory cafeteria. They only serve from 6 to 9 though, so no late night snacks.

“What room are you in?” Catherine asks me, as we are walking to a non-occupied table after grabbing a sandwich and Caesar salads.

“Two-oh-six.” I reply, thinking about the fact that Dylan is my roommate.

“What’s with the face?” She suddenly asks. “Oh, how’s your roommate? Is she nice?”

I sigh.

“Don’t freak out,” I start “But it’s not a she.”

Catherine’s jaw literally drops. Okay, maybe not LITERALLY.

“You might want to close that pretty mouth before some flies get it there.” I laugh at her reaction.

She closes her mouth, but her eyes still widen with shock.

“Your roommate is a boy?”

“No, it’s a human.” I roll my eyes.

“Very funny Kaylie.” Catherine smirks.

“It’s not a laughing matter.” I sigh. “This is not just any dude. It’s Dylan Carter.”

“Who’s that?” She asks, biting her sandwich.

“ Long story,” I shrug. “Tell ya when there’s time.”

. . .

“You sound like my mother.” Dylan yawns as I told him again and again that privacy still exists in one room. That means: No wandering on my bed, no taking my things, no touching my things, no anything to my things, so on and so on.

“Unfortunately, I’m not planning on being your mother.” I retort. Glancing at the clock, it’s ten.

“Alright, I shower at 8 and go to bed at 10. There better be no parties in here.” I look at him.

“Please, like I would even party with you sleeping in the room.” He rolls his eyes.

Yeah right.

“Whatever.”

With that, I climb into my bed.

“No funny thoughts, Dylan Carter.” I say as the lights turn off.

“I don’t even want to.”

---

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3