4. - Past

“Earth to Kayliee!” Janelle waved her hand in front of my face.

“Don’t do that Janie!” I pouted, pushing her hand out.

“Then why are you spacing out on our first day of school?” She giggled and asked me. “It’s our sophomore year, not our freshman year anymore!”

Yeah, it’s our first day of sophomore year. I am Kaylie Mills Taylor. I am 15 years old. I am currently in NY Academy. My best friend is Janelle Robertson.

“I miss Ashton!” I sighed. 

Ashton is my older brother. He left last week to go to college.

“He’s not going forever!” Janelle said. “He’s coming back!”

I still sighed.

“Cheer up babe, it’s sophomore year!!” Janelle used her hands to widen my mouth into a grin.

Maybe I should cheer up.

“Let’s go!” I smiled and pulled her hand. “Sophomore year, here we go!”

And we walked into the door.

Wow the hallways are crowded. I’ve never notice this many students in my freshman year.

“Excuse me, oops, sorry,” That was me and Janelle trying to squeeze through the crowds to go to my locker.

“Where is your locker anyways?” asked Janelle.

 “There.” I pointed “178.”

When we reach the locker, I stared at my lock for a moment.

“Are you going to open it?” Janelle looked at me.

“No, I’m just going to stand here for fun.” I rolled my eyes. “Of course I’m opening it. I believe that’s why we squeezed through the crowds to get here Janelle.”

“Sassy” she commented. “So open it, what the hell are you waiting for?” She frowned.

“I… I’m trying to remember the lock combination.” I looked like a monkey right now, trying to remember the numbers.

Janelle face-palmed herself.

“Twenty,” I started, spinning the lock to the number, “Thirty-seven,” I continued, spinning the lock to 37, “and zero-two.” Ding!

“Bingo!” I snapped my finger.

“Hey Kay?” I heard Janelle said as I opened my locker. Geez, it’s dusty.

“Yeah?” I answered without turning back.

“I gotta run to the lady room,” she leaned in and whispered to my ear. “My period is on today, it’s so uncomfortable!”

I burst out laughing.

“Hahaha, okay, hahaha, I didn’t need to hear that but go on, hahahaha…” I laughed out tears as I motioned her to go.

“First period, second period, third period, fourth period, and then unscheduled.” I looked at my new schedule of courses. “I’ll be able to grab my books for class after that.” I smiled to myself and closed the locker. As I wasn’t paying attention, I bumped into someone while turning around.

My books and pencils fell to the ground.

“Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” I moaned as I tried to stand up.

“That’s alright, I’m the one who should be sorry.”

I looked up.

And that was how I met him.

---

him who?? :o [this is Kaylie when she was 15 btw, just so you arent confused :P]

if you like it, pls give me a vote (( the twinkle star over there -->

... andd i'll be updating soon! thank you <3