8. - Past

"How's the ice cream?" He looked at me.

"Like heaven." I smiled.

Yes, we're on a date. Dylan Carter and I were on our first date. Can you believe it? Ohmigosh, I could squeal so loud right now that the whole park is going to stare at me in disgusted. Of course, I'm not going to do that because Dylan will think I have a mental problem and leave me here alone.

So, I bet you're wondering how did we get here? I mean, to the date part, not the park... We drove to the park, that's obvious. Anyways, so after that first day of school...

Flashbacks:

I was standing at the school's entrance, deciding whether I should walk home or call my mom. Mom worked 5 minutes away from NY Academy, so she said she never minds driving me home. Walking is a little bit more complicated. You see, driving from my home to school takes about 10 minutes. Walking, however, I have to walk to the shuttle station near my school which takes about 5 minutes. And then I have to take the shuttle to the station near my home, which is actually like 15 minutes’ walk from there. Why don't I walk the route that I get driven back, you may ask? Well because that would takes like 2 hours of walking, and I'm not that fat that I need that much walking, so...

Back to the problem - should I walk or call Mom? Pacing back and forth for a few minutes, I took the phone out of my skirt's pocket and dialed my mom.

"Hi Mom," I started, but then I saw a tall guy with beautiful dark blue eyes walking towards me. I suddenly froze, the words dropped from my mouth.

"Hey Kaylie," Dylan flashed a smile at me. Oh God, I'm going to melt. Like ice cream.

"H..hi Dylan." I tried to reply him with the best smile I have, but I think I looked like a fool who looks desperate for his smoking hot appearance. No, stop, I am not.

Yeah right Kaylie, a voice in my head said.

No shut up you, why are you betraying me - I mean, yourself, said another voice.

Quiet! Both of you! Can't you see I am dealing with the hottest guy in town here? - I mentally shouted at the voice in my brain. I am seriously crazy.

"Kay? Are you okay hon? Where are you?" Mom's voice brought me back to reality. She sounded worry. I should probably inform her that I'm not kidnapped or something, before she really thinks so.

"Hi Mom, can you hold for a moment?" I said into my phone then covered the speaker and looked up to Dylan, "Anything you want to tell me?" I smiled at him, trying not to sweat too much.

"Oh I was going to ask if you want to take a walk with me, I mean, it's still early but if you're talking to your mother then that's fine." He scratched his head.

Oh my God, Dylan just asked me to take a walk with him. What is this day?

"Nothing Mom, I was going to ask you to drive me home but I'll walk now." I said to Mom, still looking shockingly at Dylan.

"Are you sure honey?" Mom asked. "I can drive you home if you want to."

"No Mom that's okay." I answered quickly, "I just realized I gotta grab something from the CVS." No Mom, I just don't want to lose the chance to talk to the most angelic guy in school.