- t w o -

"Her eyes hold everything my soul thirsts for."

* * *

"Emerald. Emerald Rosio." I answered timidly, my gaze moving to the ground automatically.

"Emerald. What a beautiful name, don't you think so?" Juno nudged her brother who seemed to snap out of whatever trance he was in and nodded once.

"Emerald. Bel nome per una bella ragazza." (Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.) He said and my cheeks immediately reddened, the heat rushing to my face as I bit my lip to stop the smile from growing.

"Grazie, Mr. Ricci." I answered in a small voice and saw his and Juno's momentarily shocked faces before they composed themselves.

"You speak Italian?" Juno asked me and I nodded.

"My father is Italian." I replied and saw her nod, thinking to herself before she looked between me and her brother, a sly smile making its way to her face when we were so graciously interrupted by a shout.

"Catch!" I heard Noah's voice shout from somewhere in the distance, causing me to whip my head towards him and saw the approaching football at fast speed. 

My eyes widened but before I could do anything, a pair of hands wrapped around my waist, swiftly turning me around as I crashed against a chest with an 'oomph'.

I looked up, a small gasp escaping my lips when my eyes met lifeless, blue-green ones. 

"Are you okay?" His voice broke me out of my temporary trance as I nodded absent minded.

"Y-yes. Thank you, Mr. Ricci." I said, now looking at the people around us who had stopped to get a better look at Mr. Ricci and immediately put some distance between us, biting my lip nervously after being in such close proximity of a literal Greek God.

"Sweet cheeks, you okay?" Noah came running towards us worried and grabbed my face, scanning me for any injuries but I swatted his hand away.

"I'm fine Noah, don't worry." I reassured him and he smiled in relief before smiling sheepishly at a glaring Vanessa and Mr. Ricci.

Why's he glaring?

"Sorry about that uh... sir." Noah said to Mr. Ricci, scratching the back of his head in nervousness before taking the ball from his hands.

"I'll see you later sweet cheeks. Take care." Noah ruffled my hair before running off towards his friends.

"Well, it was good to see you Emerald. Hopefully I'll get to see you again tomorrow." Juno said and I nodded.

"Of course. See you. Thank you again Mr. Ricci" I gave her a small wave and smiled appreciatively at her brother who just nodded once in response. Van also bid the two goodbye before both Ricci siblings turned around to sit in their car. 

But just as Mr. Ricci was about to get in, he looked back for a split second, a thoughtful look on his face as he looked at me carefully before sitting back in his car. 

Both Van and I watched the two cars drive off into the distance before looking at each other with large smiles.

"I'll be working for Juno Ricci!" She squealed, both of us jumping in excitement and causing many weird looks being thrown our way before laughing and moving towards my car.

"I know, you're so lucky Van. You deserve it. Just don't forget me when you're a big shot designer." I said unlocking my car and we both sat in.

"Never Em, you'll always be by my side. And what about you Ms. Artist?" She asked me with a raised eyebrow.