- s e v e n -

"She's the type of flower that can still grow after a forest fire."

* * *

Eros had so nicely left the room as if his pants were on fire, leaving me gaping at what the heck just happened.

Composing myself quickly, I slid out of my dress and wore my casual clothes again, quickly putting on my shoes and practically running out of the dressing room. 

Walking out of the dance studio, I saw Eros leaning against a wall outside, talking on his phone with his back to me.

Even his back is hot.

I mentally slapped myself for even thinking that and slowly made my way over to him, the heels of my boots clicking against the tiled floors of our school.

As soon as he heard me approach, he said something to the person on the phone and slid it into his pocket, turning around and clearing his throat.

"Let's go." He said and didn't waist another second for me before he turned around and practically stormed away while I stood there confused.

Why is he so cold all of a sudden?

Confused, I tried to match my pace with his fast one as he walked towards the cars, a driver opening the door for us and both of us got in silently. 

I let my thoughts wander to something else, anything else as I tried to forget the feeling of his hand on my bare skin and looked out the window, finding comfort in the scenery.

Although I was very much aware of the piercing gaze that was currently burning holes through the side of my head.

I faintly heard Eros say something to the driver before the partition was pulled up and I found my palms getting sweaty.

Did it get hot all of a sudden?

"We're going to the mall, so I expect you be by my side at all times even thought there will be enough security, we can never be too sure." I heard him say as his words registered in my head and I turned my head to look at him.

"The mall? Why?" I asked slowly, hoping I would get a straight answer from him this time.

"To get clothes, why else?" He asked, still not making eye contact and I felt myself getting irritated for some reason.

"For who?" I asked again, pressing more into the matter when he sighed heavily with his cold stare that made me shrink back in fear.

"For you darling, who else?" He retorted but I just frowned.

Why was he getting me clothes?

But before I could ask him about it, the car stopped right in front of a large mall I remembered coming to with Vanessa and Noah last month.

Oh, when life was easier.

I sighed when a guard opened my door, stepping out I was met by a light, chilly breeze that caressed my hair as I breathed in the fresh air.

Oh hey, that rhymed!

Eros came to stand next to me, leaning down so our faces were only inches apart and consequently alerting my whole body of his close proximity as my heart thundered in my ears.

"We need to get you a dress for your birthday party, darling. Bear with me for a while." He said.

I saw him clenching his fist as if he was controlling himself before he reluctantly pulled away, leaving me with my thoughts as we started to walk into the mall with two guards.