- f o u r t e e n -

"I have cried all my tears. All that is left is anger."

- E M E R A L D - R O S I O -

I looked around the dimly lit room that I now called mine, my eyes scanning it carefully. There was one emerald green wall behind the queen sized bed, small lights littered across the ceiling that made them look like tiny little stars.

A white dresser that matched the bed was pushed against a wall, decorated with multiple accessories and items. The rest of the walls were a cream colour, making the green stand out even more.

A white study table was in one corner of the room with a large bookshelf next to it which was filled with books. I ran my fingers over their spines, reading the titles as a smile made its way to my face.

All my favourites.

There were two other doors in the room, one which led to the large bathroom and the other to the walk in closet which was filled to the brim with all kinds of clothes, shoes, bags and so many more accessories.

I plopped down on the bed with my head hanging off the edge, staring at the ceiling as I waited for my stuff to arrive while Eros was on call with someone from work in his office which was just down the hallway.

I had been given a tour of the house by a really kind woman, Naya,  who was in her late forties, and was the housekeeper. She and her husband worked here together and I found she had three kids.

I closed my eyes, thinking of how much my life changed in the past twenty four hours. 

I got engaged to someone I met just two weeks ago, had my engagement party and birthday party at the same time, successfully destroyed my art room, had a panic attack and fainted and now my wedding is scheduled within two weeks.

How exciting.

Note the sarcasm.

I was still deep in thought when the door to my room opened, a pair of heavy shoes taking a few steps before they stopped abruptly only to get frantic as they approached me.

"Fuck, Emerald? Baby wake up, what's wrong?" I felt Eros patting my cheek as my eyes snapped open, looking at him upside down with a frown.

"Fuck darling." He hissed, grabbing my arms and pulling me up so I was sitting with my face towards him.

"What the hell were you doing?" He asked, clearly annoyed when I shrugged.

"Resting?" I said cheekily and saw him raising his eyebrow before he shook his head when the door was opened again and a few men came in, putting down the boxes that had my stuff. 

I watched them do their work which took them nearly ten minutes before they left us alone.

"Are you hungry?" He asked when I shook my head.