- t h i r t y f o u r -

"She was an angel craving chaos. He was a devil seeking peace."

* * *

"Emerald!" Vanessa's body crashed into mine, briefly knocking me off balance as I stumbled back a bit only to be hugged from behind as well by Noah, getting sandwiched between the two siblings.

"Hey guys." I smiled at the affection when they finally pulled away from me with big smiles on their faces although their eyes said otherwise.

"What are you doing here today?" Noah asked slinging his arm around my shoulders when I frowned.

"I came to school? To study?" I asked confusing as both siblings gave each other a look before smiling nervously at me.

"Yeah, but shouldn't you be at home resting?" Vanessa asked when I shrugged.

"I'm fine now, really." I said with a smile which they both returned.

"Oh, well, walk you to class?" Noah offered me his arm and I beamed, hooking mine through his as we walked down the hallways, the crowd automatically parting for us and everyone staring at me.

"Why are they staring?" I leaned over to Vanessa who glared at a few girls who were whispering and looking at me. Their eyes widened when they saw me before they averted their gaze and ran away.

"Because you're too hot to resist sweet cheeks." Noah said cheekily when I frowned.

"Come on guys, tell me what really happened." I pouted as Noah scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Well... It's just that the day you had that accident, Eros came to take you because I called him." Vanessa started and I nodded.

"Yes, I know." I said confused, urging her to continue when she blew a puff of air.

"Now everyone knows who you are to him. More specifically, everyone knows you're his... wife." She said and my eyes widened.

"W-what?" I said shakily, trying to wrap my head around the information and suddenly everyone's stares felt much more prominent.

I knew my pictures were on media with Eros from our wedding day and some other times but most people here still didn't know of us.

"He was really mad that day and threatened the school, and with his reputation, fame, and such, well... let's just say everyone's fucking terrified of him. And now, you." Noah added and I frowned.

"Why are they terrified of him? He's not that bad." I defended Eros, remembering just how sweet and cute he could be with me, but my friends just stared at me as if I'd grown two heads.

"The dude leads the Italian Mafia sweet cheeks, carries a gun on him 24/7, has more enemies than friends and has killed more people than we know. Without a second thought." Noah said with a straight face and I bit my lip.

Well, that was true.

"But he's different with me." I mumbled and both siblings smiled softly at me.

"Obviously, he's like, infatuated with you. A little obsessed, actually." Noah said when Nessa raised his eyebrow at him.

"He's not a little obsessed with her Noah, he's madly obsessed with her, you can see it in his eyes when he looks at her. It's absolutely terrifying and frightening, yet adorable at the same time." Vanessa said and Noah nodded while I chuckled.

"He's not obsessed with me guys." I said smiling, but my heart was beating erratically in my chest and I was sure my cheeks were red as a tomato.