- n i n e -

"What do you see in him?" 

"Everything you don't."

- E M E R A L D - R O S I O -

As I stare at those gorgeous blue eyes, I can't help but wonder what got him here in the first place as I rack my brain for any memory that would answer my silent questions.

"Darling?" He whispers, his touch soft on my cheek while I stare at him in disbelief until it all comes crashing down.

"Happy birthday darling, you're mine now."

Suddenly, I flinch away from his touch, leaving his hand hanging in mid air as his eyebrows furrow in the slightest before his jaw clenches.

"What's wrong?" He asks me again, his eyes searching my face while I clutch my blanket closer to my body to cover myself, even though I dressed.

"Y-you-... Y-you kissed me..." I state in disbelief, my fingers faintly touching my lips where I could still feel his kiss. 

He seemed a bit taken aback by my question before he sits up from his laying down position in my bed and hums in response, tucking my hair behind my ears and looking at me intently.

"W-why?" I ask him softly and see his lip twitch upwards in the slightest before he speaks.

"Because you're mine now baby. Forever." He whispers before leaning forward and lightly pecking my lips, lingering for just a bit before pulling away with darkened eyes.

I remember now.

* * *

I could be a light sleeper at times, and the frustration of the past three days did nothing to help my situation as the smallest of creaks had my eyes wide open.

But there was nothing in my room, just darkness and the faint moonlight that was filtering in through the large windows. 

I closed my eyes in another attempt to sleep and was nearly successful until I felt a feather-like touch made me frown as I tried to shrug away whatever it was.

An insect probably.

But it continued to stroke me softly, so gently and the bed dipping suddenly did nothing to ease me because the next moment I was suddenly sitting up, heart racing in my chest as I looked at the possible culprit.

But I was shocked to see someone I did not expect at this time of night.

"E-Eros?" I whispered slowly, watching his frame that was highlighted by the moonlight from the windows, his blue eyes glimmering in the dark that had me enraptured.

I saw his eyes drift down towards his wrist where I assumed he was looking at his watch before he looked up to me with a faint smirk playing on his lips.