- f o r t y n i n e -

"The most dangerous drug I know has blue eyes and a heartbeat."

* * *

"I am happy

"I am happy. We both love each other very much." I said with furrowed brows.

"I know you're happy. But you just look so... trapped." He concluded and I looked up at him confused and a little bit surprised.

"Something is bothering you." He assessed and I shrugged, looking at the view of the serene sea in front of us.

"I'm only eighteen. As much as he loves me and gives me everything I could ever want-"

"It isn't freedom." He said and I looked at him and knew my eyes betrayed me the way his softened briefly.

"I know how that feels like. I was stuck in a abusive household when I was younger. They gave me everything I could ever want, but the one thing I wanted most." He looked distracted, as if he as talking to his past ghosts while I studied him.

Warm brown eyes and matching hair, a stony expression, sharp jaw and muscular yet lean body.

He looked athletic, a gun strapped to his waist band and tattoos covering his arms that were visible through the half-sleeved black shirt he wore.

"I'm sorry." I said softly and he chuckled humourlessly.

"Don't be. I learned that the hardest experiences in life make you who you really are. They made me stronger. And sooner rather than later, my father, the one who worked with Mr. Ricci, took me under his wing. He was my real father. Not my biological one, but my real one."

"I'm sure you'll get through your problems as well... As long as you talk to your husband about it." He smirked at me and my face flushed as I averted my gaze.

"It's not that important." I shrugged.

"Whatever you say." He shrugged just as Mal came out with trays of food held by people behind him.

"What'd I miss?" He asked with a grin while Eddy rolled his eyes.

"Nothing, just a heart-to-heart between me and Eddy." I said with a small grin and Mal snorted, obviously not believing us as he took a seat.

"After you, ma'am." Eddy became serious and cold all over again, like we hadn't just poured our hearts out to each other.

But maybe sometimes it's easier to talk to a complete stranger than someone you know.

I put some waffles in my plate and added syrup and cream as the other two men also made their plates.

We talked a bit while eating, and I was halfway through my breakfast when a kiss was placed on the top of my head, my whole body standing on alert as goose bumps lined my arms.

"Having fun with my men, darling?" Hs voice held a challenging tone to it and as I looked between Mal and Eddy's ashen faces, I tuned towards him with a small smile.