- t w e n t y s e v e n -

"And suddenly, the monster in him falls silent as he rests his head on her lap."

* * *

Later on, we were called to cut the cake which was red velvet, just like I wanted. It was decorated with beautiful silver flowers on the sides as I gripped the knife, Eros coming to stand behind me, our bodies pressed together.

He held the knife with me, his hands on top of mine and everyone cheered when we cut the cake. 

He took a spoon and fed me a bite and I did the same, wiping some cream off the corner of his lip with my thumb, I smiled a bit at him but when I saw his darkened eyes and the tense air around us, I had to look away.

The food was absolutely amazing, and so was the cake. We had decided on having traditional Italian dishes, which were quite popular among the guests.

We spent the next hour or so talking and mingling about, taking photos while my feet were killing me as I walked towards my brother who was holding Amelia in his arms.  

I smiled wide, kissing the little girl's cheeks before turning to Hunter who kissed my forehead.

"You look nice." He commented.

"Thank you. Where's Aurora?" I asked looking around.

"With mama and Kaden. Where's your husband?" He asked looking around.

"He had something to deal with Art immediately." I said and saw his hesitant nod as we both looked around. 

I caught sight of the woman who was with Alessio previously, talking to another woman with brown hair and the blonde girl who apparently knew Eros.

"Hunter?" I turned to my brother when he faced me.

"Who are those two blonde women?" I asked gesturing with my head discreetly at the women who were busy chatting, while the blonde girl had a scowl on her face.

Seriously though, what is her deal?

"Beatrice? The one who was with Alessio?" He questioned and I nodded, hearing him sigh.

"She's Alessio's second wife." He said and we both looked at her as a frown settled on my face.

"Eros didn't mention her. He also got really angry when she came to us." I sad frowning when my brother nodded.

"Yes, well, she isn't exactly the nicest person around baby girl." He said.

"Eros and her have always had some kind of problem. He never told us why and what, though." He said and I nodded.

"She isn't Italian, is she?" I asked when he shook his head.

"American. The blonde girl with her you asked about is her niece. She's fucking nuts." He muttered under his breath when Amelia gasped.

"Papa! Don't cuss!" She said and Hunter paled immediately.

"I'm sorry baby, I won't again. Just don't tell your mama. Si?" he asked her and she giggled.

"Si papa." She said and I shook my head at the two.

"She isn't exactly fond of me." I said gesturing to the blonde girl.

"Yeah, I figured as much the way she's been glaring  at you. She's got a weird obsession with Eros and can't take a hint that he's not interested. Never was, and never will be." He said shaking his head and for some reason, I felt relieved that he was never interested in her.

My heart soared again and I felt oddly happy as I talked with Hunter for some time more, keeping my drinking to a minimum so I wouldn't embarrass myself and Eros.