- o n e -

"She was sunshine packed in a box just for me."

- E M E R A L D - R O S I O -

"Emma!" Vanessa crashed into me, making me loose my balance momentarily as I recollected myself with an 'oomph'.

"You'll break the poor girl someday Van." Noah sauntered from behind her, throwing me a wink and effectively causing my cheeks to redden.

"You stop flirting with my friend." Van threw him a glare to which he stuck his tongue out at her childishly.

"I flirt with everyone, sweetheart, and anyways, Em likes it. Don't you sweet cheeks?" He gave me a cheeky grin, making me laugh as I ran a hand through my dark brown hair and shrugged, causing his face to fall and Vanessa to laugh at him.

"See,  told you she wasn't into you." She said pointing a finger at his chest triumphantly.

Noah rolled his eyes playfully and he slung an arm around my shoulders, causing many eyes to turn towards us.

"It's okay Noah, you'll find someone." I patted his chest with what I assumed was a sympathetic smile, making him scowl.

"Don't give him hope Em." Van said from behind us, making me chuckle as we walked through the hallways.

People parted for us almost immediately, probably because of the six foot quarterback that had his arm around my shoulder protectively.

"So, how was France?" I asked them once we had settled on our usual table in the cafeteria after getting food.

"It was absolutely amazing Em! Their pastries were out of this world and the view from the Eiffel tower, oo la la." She said daydreaming and causing me to chuckle.

"That's great. And you Noah?" I asked tuning to the quarterback on my right who was currently stuffing his face with a pizza. I raised an eyebrow at him to which he shrugged.

"Wfat? If'm eating!" He mumbled with a mouth full of food as I rolled my eyes at him and Vanessa slapped his shoulder.

"Have some manners, idiot." She said. Noah quickly swallowed his food and mimicked Van, causing her to scowl while we both laughed at her.

"France was good. Oh and before I forget, I got you something..." He said and quickly opened his backpack while I clapped my hands in anticipation, practically bouncing in my seat when he took out a large box wrapped in a pretty purple and silver wrapping paper.

"Can I open it now?" I asked excitedly to which he nodded and I very carefully took off the paper because it was to pretty to tear apart.

After an eternity of trying not to tear open the wrapping paper, I finally took out the box and gasped, a big smile plastered on my face as I flung my arms around his neck and pecked his cheek.