- f i v e -

"He looks at her like he just realized what love is."

* * *

"Mama?" I spoke rubbing the sleep out of my eyes as I rounded the corner towards the kitchen.

"In here sweetheart!" I heard her call and padded towards the kitchen, barefoot.

"Did you sleep well dear?" My mother asked, her back towards me as she stirred something on the stove.

"Yes mama, I did. Where's papa?" I asked looking around as a yawn escaped my mouth.

"Work, he and Hunter came back a while ago but then left again." She said sighing and turned to face me with a smile.

"You know who dropped you off today?" She asked with a raised eyebrow, making me frown. But then I remembered everything and nodded.

"Yes mama, I was with Eros, last I remember. He picked me up from school and I remember falling asleep in his la-... car." I quickly corrected myself before mama could notice and thankfully, she didn't.

Thank god.

"Yes, he carried you to your room. Such a gentleman." Mama said with a smile before turning to face the stove once again.

"Are you hungry sweetheart?" She asked me but I shook my head.

"I had lunch after school so I'm not really that hungry, but thank you." I said softly and saw her nod as I got up from the stool.

"I'm going to finish some assignments." I said and bid my mother goodbye as I went back to my room and sat in front of my desk.

Stretching my limbs a bit, I opened my books and plugged in my headphones, playing some music as I completed my school work.

Nearly three hours had passed before I was finally done and I sighed in relief, still feeling a little tired as I yawned once again.

"Why am I so tired lately?" I mumbled to myself before packing up my things and went to take a shower and changed into my night clothes and climbed into bed.

I was reading a book with my bed side lamp on when my phone started to ring, making me frown as I quickly glanced at the time on the clock. 11 p.m.

Who could be calling at this hour?

I picked up my phone, briefly glancing at the unknown number on my screen before I swiped the call and accepted it, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked softly and heard a sharp intake of breath, waiting for the other person to speak.

"Darling." A familiar deep and velvety voice spoke erupting butterflies in my stomach as goosebumps rose on my arm just by hearing the voice.

"Eros." I whispered, flashes of this afternoon coming back to my mind as my cheeks heated up when I thought about when I was sitting in his lap.

"Dio, mi piace quando dici il mio nome." (God, I love it when you say my name) He spoke, making me blush furiously as I bit my lip.

"Hello darling, I see you're awake." He said clearing his throat and I hummed in response.

"Yes, I woke a few hours ago. I was just completing my assignments." I said and heard some shuffling on his end.

"I see. And what are you doing now?" He asked me.

"I'm in bed, reading a book. Was, reading a book. Now I'm talking to you." I said and heard his chuckle.

"Hmm. Did you eat dinner?" He asked me.