- t w e l v e -

I felt numb, like nothing made sense as I was dragged around to receive congratulations from the guests who were either smiling forcefully or pitifully or even with envy.

Vanessa and Noah tried to get to me but whatever they said to me fell to deaf ears as I was offered their pitiful and sad smiles.

I was angry. I was furious. At everyone who knew. Everyone who knew, but me. And when I was finally let go of did I run.

I ran up the stairs, ignoring everyone's looks and my family's calls, my friends' shouts who tried to follow me.

I just wanted to get away. Away from my family. Away from his family. Away from everyone, and especially away from him as I stumbled into my room and locked the door behind me, sliding down the door as I hugged my knees to my chest and sobbed.

I put my head in my hands and cried for what felt like hours before I felt like I couldn't cry anymore.

I forced myself up and slid out of my dress, the beautiful gown wasted away as I threw off my heels and angrily pulled the pins out of my hair.

Pulling my hair into a messy bun, I filled my bathtub with hot water and added the lavender scent and bubbles, filling the tub to the brim.

 I pulled off my undergarments and stepped into the hot water which soothed my muscles instantly.

Letting myself sink in the water with only my face and head out, I let my eyes close and more tears to cascade down my cheeks as I cried silently.

My arm burnt where the scratches were as the salts in the tub attacked my skin, making me whimper in pain.

Silently crying, I didn't notice the door opening softly or the person who came in before they cupped my cheek with such affection, it made me lean into the touch and sigh.

I opened my eyes, staring directly into blue-green ones that watched me concerned. But I didn't move from my place.

I stayed rooted to my spot, looking right into his eyes to show him what he was putting me through. What they all put me through.

"Darling." He whispered softly when I pulled away from him and turned my head to the other side, refusing to meet his gaze when I heard him sigh.

"I'm sorry darling." He apologized when I sniffled, briefly closing my eyes and taking a deep breath as his fingers continued to caress my cheek.

I flinched when he touched me, turning my face away from him and tightly closing my eyes.

"Don't. Don't touch me." I warned in a whisper, not ready to do or say anything right now.

"I told them to tell you." He whispered as my eyes teared up once again and I pinned him with my sharp gaze.

"Why?" I said, feeling angry all over again while he mulled over my words.

"Why did you it?" I asked him again with teary eyes when he sighed, sitting down on the bathroom floor, right beside my tub.

"I didn't want to. I didn't intend to." He said looking at the wall in front when I frowned.

"Then why did you do it?" I asked again when he stood up.

I looked at him confused when he grabbed a towel and held it out to me, waiting for me to step out as he turned around with his back to me.

I quickly drained the tub and wrapped the towel around my body, drying myself before wearing my bath gown.

"I'm done." I said and saw Eros turn to face me, his eyes scanning me briefly before he took my hand and lead me towards the vanity, swiftly picking me up by the waist and setting me on the counter.