- f i f t y -

"I am your sword, your shield, and your love-sick protector."

* * *

- E R O S - R I C C I -

I watched the camera footage over and over again on my way back home, my blood boiling with each replay, each cry that left her lips and each tear that fell from her eyes.

Too bad those two bitches were dead now, or I'd crush them with glass all over their bodies.

I closed my phone furiously, swiping the screen on my father's call.

"I heard about Emerald, how is she now?" He asked.

"Could be better if I was there." I muttered and heard his heavy sigh.

"Don't beat yourself up over it, figlio. Are those maids alive?" He asked.

"No. Shot them on the spot." I said and pinched the bridge of my nose.

"I expected as much. Should've tortured them first, though. Wait— you shot them in front of your wife?" His tone took a higher edge and I closed my eyes in frustration.

"Yes. I didn't think at the moment and my anger took control." I admitted.

"That's not good. How'd she take it?"

"She hasn't mentioned it... yet." I said heavily and dreaded the conversation.

"Just... handle it carefully, son. She's a fragile little thing. Don't force her to get over it, take it easy. You'll have to be patient and face the uh... consequences." He said and I frowned.

"What consequences?" I asked.

"She may be a bit... scared... of you. She saw you kill for the first time. She isn't used to that, and may not be as comfortable with you like before. You'll have to be a bit patient." He said and my heart sank.

"What?" I muttered in pure disbelief before swearing.

"Fucking hell." I swore loudly.

"Take it easy, son. She'll adjust, don't worry." He tried to reassure me.

"Right, take it easy, because my wife won't fucking talk to me or let me touch her because I fucking shot someone in front of her. Take it easy my ass." I spat.

"I knew you'd say this. Stai tranquillo, so che andrà tutto bene." (Just sit tight, I know everything will be fine.) He said and I grunted in response as we entered my estate.

"I need to change, I'm home. I'll update you later." I said and didn't wait for his response and hung up, getting out of my car and striding inside as fast as I could.

"Mr. Ricci, everything has been cleaned up." Grant walked over to me and I stopped, nodding.

"How is she? Emerald?" He asked with worry just as I turned around and stopped once more.