- s i x t e e n -

"And the sweet little angel couldn't keep her eyes off the devil."

* * *

When school ended, I took a quick trip to the bathroom after art class to wash my hands. As I was washing my hands, the door opened and three girls walked in.

I glanced at them briefly, my eyes widening in the slightest before I looked away so they wouldn't see me.

"Oh my, look who it is, innocent little Emerald." Brittany, the one in the middle spoke, twirling a lock of her honey blonde hair between her fingers as she looked me up and down with disgust.

"Isn't she the same bitch who went with Eros Ricci that day?" Tiffany, the one with the short blonde hair spoke, eyeing me up while I tried my best to ignore them.

"Oh yeah, and she was seen holding hands with him today as well when he came to here to meet the principal." The third one, Casey, I think, said and Brittany sneered at me.

"Oh so you're that bitch. Still throwing around your brother's and daddy's money I see. Oh wait, you have a new daddy now, don't you?" She asked when the other to girls laughed at me.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know you." I tried to move around them when Casey caught my arm and pulled me back.

"Oh come on now, everyone knows us." She said feigning hurt when Brittany rolled her eyes.

"This bitch really thinks she can get her hands on a man like Eros Ricci. Well news flash, he doesn't like little girls like you. He likes girls like us, sweetheart, so do him a favour and stop clinging onto him like your life depends on him." She said checking out her nails.

I felt a wave of anger surge through me at her words. Am I really that pathetic that I'll let everyone walk over me? I crossed my arms over my chest and faced her head on.

"What if he is into girls like me?" I asked innocently, watching all three of them surprised when I talked back.

"And she talks back, wow. Looks like daddy dearest spoiled you too much." Tiffany said when I rolled my eyes at them and turned to walk away when Brittany caught my arm and pulled me back again.

"You can't leave just yet, we were just getting started." Tiffany said when I raised my eyebrows at them in challenge.

"Touch me again, I dare you, and you'll regret it for the rest of your pathetic life." I said and saw them scoff.

"Ooh, I'm sooo scared!" Casey pretended to be hurt.

"And who are you to threaten us, bitch?" Brittany stepped closer to me when I did the same, glaring at her head on.

"Emerald Rosio. You don't want to mess with the a Rosio, darling, or a Ricci for that matter." I said making a show of running my left hand through my hair and when they all saw it, they gasped.

"No fucking way." Tiffany looked at me baffled and the other two were equally shocked.

"What? Oh, you saw my ring? It's pretty, isn't it? Eros chose it for me, said it matched my eyes." I said proudly and saw them glare at me.

"So the next time you threaten me so nicely, I'll make sure to let my dear fiancé know so he can have a nice little chat with you." I said and sauntered out of the bathroom with my head held high.

Only when I reached the front gate did my shoulders slump as I breathed a sigh of relief but instantly guilt filled me up at the fact I used Eros' name to threaten someone.