- f o r t y s e v e n -

"Tell me every terrible thing you did and let me love you anyway."

* * *

- E M E R A L D - R I C C I -

Eros' lips against mine were all I could think about as we slowly swayed to the slow and steady beat of the waltz outside on the balcony shrouded in darkness.

He pulled away briefly to nip at my bottom lip, softly biting it, my face in his hands as he sighs heavily and rested his forehead against mine.

"Tell me you love me, darling." He whispered and I smiled.

"I love you." I whisper, running my hand over his prickly stubble and pecking his lips.

"So much." I peck him again and he smiles breathlessly.

"I love you too, darling. So fucking much." He says when a throat cleared from the entrance has us pulling away in the slightest.

Eros' brows furrow slightly and his jaw clenched when he saw Axel standing in the doorway.

"Can we help you?" He asked, wrapping his arm possessively around my waist which didn't miss my friend's attention who frowned lightly.

"My dad is looking for you." He said, looking between the two of us when Eros nodded once, stiffly, pecking my temple and leaning towards my ear.

"Shall we head inside?" He whispered and I nodded, interlacing my fingers with his.

The small action seemed to satisfy him enough as he tugged at my hand and lead me back inside.

Who knew I'd find my blue eyed stranger again? And he'd be my husband, of all things?

"Ah, there you are. Let's speak in my office." Mr. Hudson came forward smiling at us when Eros nodded and turned to me.

"I'll be back in a moment, darling. Stay with Juno and Art. Comprende?" (Understood?) He tucked my hair behind my ear when I nodded.

"Si, I will, don't worry." I laughed at his worried face and his own lips tugged into a small grin before he kissed the back of my hand and left with one last look of adoration.

I sighed, looking around the couples on the dance floor and smiled when I saw Juno and Arty one of them, taking and laughing to themselves.

They deserve each other.

A tap on my shoulder made me turn and my smile faltered ever so slightly as I came face to face with Beatrice, Eros' stepmother.

"Hello, Emerald." She smiles, tucking a loose strand of her honey blonde hair behind her ear.

She looked beautiful in her pale pink silky gown that reached her ankles, her make up and hair style on point.

"Hello Mrs. Ricci, you look beautiful." I said as politely as I could and she grinned.