- t h i r t y s e v e n -

"I look at you and it terrifies me. It terrifies me what I would do for you."

* * *

- E R O S - R I C C I -

"Who sent you?" I calmly and very nicely ask the man who is currently on his knees in front of me, bloodied and bruised, while Arturo holds his head up with a vice grip on his dark hair, his arms restrained behind him.

He shudders at the sound of my voice and hesitantly meets my eyes, fear prominent in them and his face pale as a sheet.

Just how I like it.

Their fear is what I feed on, and the sight of this man on his knees in front of me with his eyes full of fear only makes me more powerful. 

It reminds me of the hold I have on this world, the power I hold over all these shits.

"Why the fuck would I tell you?" He spat blood from his mouth and I tutted, putting my hands in my pockets and taking a step closer to him, effectively making him flinch.

"Oh you'll tell me. It's that or... well, we all know how it all unfolds after that." I said calmly, staring down at the man, all amusement disappearing from my eyes and coldness taking over.

With one icy glare his way, he recoiled back as my fingers skimmed over the gun in my waistband, his wide eyes following my movements and his teeth clattering in fear.

"Speak up asshole, we don't have all day." Arturo groaned from behind him, pulling his head back.

"I-I w-won't tell you." He stuttered and I sighed.

"What a shame. I was in the mood for a drink and perhaps a chat." I said feigning disappointment before clicking my tongue.

"Tell you what, you tell me why you were here and who sent you, and maybe I'll let you be on your merry way." I stated and saw the man hesitate.

I nodded to one of the body guards who came forward and handed me a bag which I threw in front of the man, causing the small diamonds to spill out.

The man looked at the contents with awe before bringing his gaze back to mine.

"Tell me what I need to know and maybe I'll let you go with these sparky little jewels." I said and saw the man weigh his options as I raised an eyebrow at him expectantly.

"W-we weren't after y-you." He said and I inwardly frowned, although careful not to show any emotion on my face as I cocked my head to the side.

"Oh? And here I thought you came for me. I'm disappointed, to say the least." I said and sighed, urging the man to go on who looked around at the armed men and the the dead bodies of his fellow companions.

"W-we were told to get rid of the g-girl." He stated and I felt my blood freeze.

What the fuck?