- t w e n t y -

"As she walked, all the demons stopped."

* * *

I walked around aimlessly, gawking at the little stores around and even bought some jewellery for myself and Vanessa from a small thrift store.

I then went to a another shop and bought Noah a pair of shades and some shirts as a thank you gift for bringing me here and then even bought a dress I liked for Vanessa.

With my bags in my hand, I walked down the streets, mesmerized by everything around me when a little café caught my eye and as if on cue, my stomach grumbled, letting me know I hadn't had breakfast yet.

I walked into the cosy café and straight to the counter where a girl who seemed to be older than me smiled widely.

"Accueillir! Que puis-je vous offrir aujourd'hui ?" (Welcome! What can I get you today?) She asked politely and I smiled, letting my eyes wander over the menu before I ordered.

"Um... Puis-je avoir un café au lait et le cupcake aux pépites de chocolat, s'il vous plaît ?" (Can I have a latte and the chocolate chip cupcake, please?) I said and saw her nod.

"Bien sûr. Aimeriez-vous l'avoir ici ou à emporter?" (Of course. Would you like to have it here or to go?) She asked typing my order.

"Ici s'il vous plait. Et merci." (Here, please. And thank you) I said smiling when she told me how much I had to pay and I took out my black card, that had no limit. Eros had given it to me for buying the dress. 

I felt a little guilty using his money but I had none on me right now, and I promised myself I would return the money to him. At least what I was using here.

"Ricci?" She looked at me shocked when I smiled sheepishly. Her eyes scanned my attire with scrutiny before her gaze landed on my ring and she gasped, looking back at me.

"Êtes-vous la femme d'Eros Ricci ?" (Are you the wife of Eros Ricci?) She asked curiously when my smile faltered.

"Fiancé." I corrected her and she nodded, her guard up as she smiled nervously before telling me to take a seat after I had paid.

I sighed heavily, thinking about how on earth she knew who I was with just one look at my ring. I waited a while before the same girl appeared and set my food in front of me with a nervous smile.

"Apprécier." (Enjoy) She said.

"Merci." (Thank you) I replied before she left. I looked out the café, watching people walk by, some tourists and other locals as I sipped on my coffee slowly.

When I was done, I bought something for Noah and Vanessa to eat before I left the café with a full stomach but a slightly dull mood. Even when I'd left Eros and everything related to him back home, I was still tied to him.

It annoyed me that I couldn't be myself for just a while without anyone bringing up my engagement to the world's richest man and hottest bachelor.

Heading back to the hotel, I saw the crowds getting thicker and saw the time was ten a.m. When I entered the room, Vanessa and Noah were both awake and smiled when they saw me.

"You look good. Did you have fun?" Vanessa asked me as I plopped on the couch with a sigh.

"I'll take that as a no. What happened?" She asked sitting next to me when I held up my left hand to show her the ring on my finger.

"Oh. Did someone recognise you?" She asked and I nodded.

"It was such a good day until this happened." I sighed before grabbing the things I'd bought.