- t h i r t y n i n e -

"Please, dance with me in the dark."

* * *

- E R O S - R I C C I -

Obsession.

An idea or thought that is continually on a person's mind. In my case, it was a person. More specifically, her.

Those emerald eyes would be the death of me someday. And I'll gladly let them ruin me the way I was going to ruin her for anyone else.

I was going to embed myself so deeply in her that I'll be all shell ever think about—the only person she could ever think of, care for, love.

She was mine, and I was hers. Forever and even after.

Infinitely.

After all, she was mine to love, mine to protect, and mine to taint.

She was mine the moment I laid my gaze on those emerald green orbs all those years ago. She had me hooked at first glance, and I hadn't even talked to her or touched her, and I still remember that day as clearly as yesterday.

* * *

"Non ho visto Ric da nessuna parte, vero?" My father asked me, dusting off imaginary dust from his grey suit, as I looked around bored, drink in hand.

(I haven't seen Ric anywhere, have you?)

"No." I answered gruffly, my gaze sweeping over all the men and women dressed in their finest, showcasing their wealth, yet they were nowhere near us.

The women, who were clearly with men beside them, couldn't keep their lustful eyes off of me. I was used to this and simply ignored them, tugging at the black tie around my neck.

"Ricci." I heard a deep voice from beside me and looked at the man standing next to me from the corner of my eye without turning my head.

"Rosio." I answered, downing my drink before taking his outstretched hand and shaking it firmly, my gaze sweeping over his black tux and then briefly over his companion.

"You remember my wife, Aurora?" He answered, and I nodded at her, who smiled briefly.

"Good to see you again, Eros. How's Juno?" She asked, and I hummed.

"Fine." I answered in a clipped tone, already wanting to get out of here.

"Alessio, che piacere rivederti." (Alessio, good to see you again.) Hunter shook hands with my father, who nodded.

"Allo stesso modo, dov'è tuo padre, ragazzo?" (Likewise, where is your father, boy?) He asked.

"Si sta prendendo cura di mia sorella in questo momento, si è sbucciata il ginocchio." He said it with an amused glint in his eye when I turned to him.