8. a guidance.

When Vicky slowly drifted into her sleep, she was pulled into a void. A dream. A void. Whatever it is. When she looks around her, it was all pitch black. Only her and her surroundings of nothingness. Her feet touches the cold water that was below her ankles.

A whistle sounded, very soothing coming from a mouth, "Victoria." A faint voice whispers. It's sounded like an angel. An angel.

"Victoria," The voice sang again, then whistle. The girl look up and down, searching for the voice, left and right.

"Victoria, sleep my darling." The voice was now an echoed, singing it's melody. It was a voice of a woman, an angel. She was singing to her, whistling again.

Then, a smoke of a mother and her baby appeared in front of Vicky like a giant screen. The red-head woman was up on a hill. A green hill. A beautiful one, holding her small baby in her arms, singing a lullaby.

"When the darkness opens wide,
swallowing up the sun inside,
dappled stars they pricked the sky,
blanket on which the moon will lie.."

The soothing voice sang, it was a lullaby of a mother given to her baby, but why would it showed Vicky this? Was this her past? Her mother? What does it's trying to show her? Is this a message?

The smoke changes, into a vision this time. Showing Vicky a point of view where a mother was separated from her baby.. daughter. "No! No! Give me back my daughter!" The soothing voice of the angel was now fuming with rage, echoed through the void, the woman was throwing her arms forward to reach her daughter that was now on the age of 1-2 years old.

"Give me back my daughter!" The woman shouts, men of guards were taking a hold of the woman, while a silhouette of Ava Paige was holding the baby girl.

"No! Victoria! Vicky! My sweet child! Give her back, you monster!" The mother- no, 𝘩𝘦𝘳 mother was now crying, yelling out at the Chancellor. Vicky hold back a gasp and choke on her own tears. This was her mother. Her mother was alive.

"Mom.." Vicky whispers, moving her feet through the cold water to reach the woman, "Mom! Mom!" Now it was her turn to screams, tears ricochet from her eyes, her arms opening wide, reaching for her mother's hand, "Mom! No! Come back to me! I'm here! Mom!" Trying to catch her mother's smoke, she throws her arms everywhere, only for her mother to be gone.

"MOM!" "VICKY!" The yells of her mother combined with her screams, pulling her back into the reality.

"Mom!" She wake up screaming, a heavy weight on her chest, tears was sliding down her face. Her mother was alive. She just doesn't know where she is.

At first, she only sobbed, the heavy weight still on her chest, then she looks around her, her friends are peacefully sleeping, it was just her, alone. Then tears started to fall down smoothly onto the ground. Not wanting to have anyone heard her, she moved to a further spot. She was crying her eyes out and was holding onto her chest.

Just a few feet away from the group, when she finally sits down, she leans her head back onto the rock, closing her eyes as she began to wipe her tears furiously. "Mom!" She called. Nothing. "Mom?" She called again, softly this time. Nothing. Again.

"Mom!" She bail into tears, covering her mouth with her palm, to stop her sobbing.

After a few minutes, her tears have dried and her sobs have calm down. She began to remembered the scratch of cranks that dig into her arm. She silently curse to herself as she began to thrash into the med kit, quiet enough to not wakes them up.

She began to roll her sleeves up, while whistling, mimicking what her mother did in her dreams. And truth to be told, she didn't know is she was even immune to the virus, but her headaches definitely didn't help.

As she glared down at her own wounds, it was black and purple kind of liquid, digging into her skin. She winced to herself at the sight, she unroll one of the bandages that she used with Winston, now starting to treat her own wounds, except no one was doing it for her, except herself.

Her bandage was finally secured, fortunately for her, her long scars of wound was nearest to her shoulder, just above her elbow, so to her luck, no one could see it.

Vicky pushes back the med kit to where it belongs and rested herself against the rock, staring off the sunset. When, unnoticed by the girl herself, a figure of a boy came up to her where she was. It was Minho.

"Hey," He greeted sleepily. Vicky nodded and let out a small "hey,"

"What are you doing out here?" Vicky asked him. "I don't know, I just woke up and kind of wanted to take a fresh air." The boy shrugged in response.

"If it's even fresh," She said, sarcastically.

Minho hummed, "True," They both turned and look at the sunrise that was now going to risen in any minutes.

"Hey, I just wanted to say Thank you, for saving us out there. If it weren't for you, we wouldn't have got Teresa back, if it weren't for you, Winston could've been dead right now." Minho said, truthfully. Vicky beams, she never really have someone appreciated her before, (except Nancy) "Yeah.. well, it's kind of, I don't know.. If I had to say it's my job.. It's not exactly my job." Vicky never really knew how to express her feeling, she just bottle it all up and covered it until it's just one day.. explodes.

"You're not really that talkative, are you?" Minho asked. Vicky hums, "So, what do you do in you maze as a living?"

She chuckles a bit at his question, "Uh, I'm a runner- Keeper of the Runners."

Minho beams and squeals, "No way! Same!" He squeals happily and shake Vicky's shoulder. Vicky laughs before gasp in realization. "Oh my god! Oh my god!" The both of them are now squeals in happiness. "Oh my god! It must be so tough and exhausting! Right!" Vicky beams. "Right!" Minho said, in a 'duh' tone.

You could tell that Minho and Vicky have a lot more similarities and in commons.

"Okay, okay, so what do we have in common next?" Minho excitedly asked. Vicky looks around, pretending to think.

"Uh, that we have to be tougher and have faith for the sake of our friends?"

At that, Minho and Vicky are both quietened. Vicky didn't mean to crash the mood, but she really never really knows anything about feelings. She never really showed any affection towards anyone, (except Nancy.)

So she didn't really know what kind of mood was going on until she'll be the one who killed it.

"You're right. That one is true." Minho sigh, nodding. "At first, I really had no hope in finding a way out. But after years and years, the courage and hope and faith started to build up, you know?" Minho confesses. To be honest, Minho was too are not exactly the type of guy to express his feelings. So it was kind of surprise for both of the runners.

"Yeah. Faith. Hope. That's what keeping me standing." Vicky said, her eyes resting on the sun that was risen in the middle, meaning it was already morning.

Minho heaved a sigh and stands up, "We should head back to the others." He said, motioning with his hand for the girl to stands up. "You're right.." She agreed and the both of them started to make their way to the others.

-

(A/N: I really tried making Vicky and Minho having a siblings relationship guyss😭 But it turns out they sounded like a couple😭 Just to clarify, Minho and Vicky only have brother-sister relationship in this book. Okay, goodbyee<33)