49. novalunosis

Long story short, Thèrèse ran. She ran to the deepest area in the building.

She ran to the natatorium. A natatorium is a room that contains an indoor swimming pool. It helps the captured children engage with their senses, something children often do naturally through all different types of play.

It was all blue. The energy around her feels Novalunosis.

The natatorium's ceiling was made of blue and grey tiles and its walls were made of blue and grey bricks. The area was quiet and peaceful; its water sparkling like diamonds in the sunlight.

She played her radio, besides her. She is sitting on the highest level of a diving board. Her legs are dangled, she sways herself as she thought about what's been happening in the chapter of her life lately.

As we speak, Teresa is searching for Thèrèse. She can't think of anything, she just wish she could find Thèrèse quickly.

Teresa slowly moves towards the pool, searching for Thèrèse. She feels a strange sense of anxiety when she doesn't see her right away. But then, she hears her speaking with someone over her radio. But it wasn't any conversation, it was a song.

Teresa moves her eyes and saw Thèrèse, up ontop of the diving board. She didn't say anything. She didn't do anything, just simply watching her friend, incase something happened.

The radio is singing itself, Thèrèse only seeing it as a distraction. 'When It's Cold I'd Like to Die.' by Moby is played in the radio. She learns that it was her mother's favourite song.

"Where were you when I was lonesome?
Locked away with freezing cold
Someone flying, only stolen
I can't tell, this night's so old
I don't wanna swim the ocean
I don't wanna fight the tide
I don't wanna swim forever
When it's cold I'd like to die."

Teresa listens to Thèrèse's radio, hearing the song. As she listens, she thinks about Thèrèse's mother, and the memories she must have associated with the song. She wonders about what Thèrèse is feeling in that moment. She continues to sneak around, looking for Thèrèse. She wants to know if she's okay, if she's safe.

A single tear fell down Thèrèse' green eye. She just hoped she will not lose anyone else. She just wants to keep everyone safe. But she didn't think she was doing that, at all. She's been making progress in the lab, but is she really saving the world correctly?

Suddenly, Thèrèse stops the radio, and stared beyond her view. Teresa feels confused, but only watch furthermore to see what Thèrèse is doing.

Standing up slowly and balancing her weight, Thèrèse turns around and stands on the diving board. Teresa widens her eyes, blinking while she steps ahead to watch Thèrèse, still lurking in the shadows.

Teresa steps closer to watch Thèrèse, trying to make sense of what is happening. She looks over at Thèrèse, who is now balancing her weight on the diving board. Teresa's heartbeat quickens. She can't believe what she's seeing. Is Thèrèse really about to jump...

With a single tear, Thèrèse let herself fall down into the pool, just like how her tear hit the board. Teresa shriek in shock, eyes widening. She's not expecting that, obviously, but now all her heart aches is for Thèrèse. She waited patiently for Thèrèse to comes up to surface, or else she will get her herself.

In a blink of second, Thèrèse emerged to the surface, gasping loudly of air, she immediately went to the edge of the pool, breathing heavily. Tears still running down her face, although she herself not sure if it's her own tears or just the water of the pool.

Thèrèse' sobbing and crying could be heard raising little by little. She held her head tightly in her hand, tears falling everywhere on her face.

She stays in the water, letting her emotions and senses all over the place, feeling calm yet anxious in the water.