28. gladers sticks together

It's the next day. Come the white wine and bitter sunlight, the sun shone, shimmering down on the now destroyed base.

Vicky could be seen wrapping around with her mother, as Bea hold a sleeping Prim closed to her. They're all exhausted and tired. Brenda and Jorge were in the back. Harriet, Mary, Newt and Bea observed all the dead guards and dead members of the Right Arm who fought back at the battle.

What's only left for them is themselves — Thomas, Newt, Frypan, Nancy, Bea, Brenda, Vicky, Prim and Harriet — most of them were taken, or likely betrayed them.

Nancy could be seen sitting next to Thomas, resting her head on his shoulder as she sat miserably, sharpening her axe.

Vicky sense something's different with Nancy's body, mostly her leg, there's just something about it that changed.

She examined closely, glancing down at Nancy's leg, before finding Nancy's prosthetic leg slightly bends over, or you can say broke.

Vicky' eyes widened in realization as Nancy tried to stand up, "Uh Nance, I wouldn't do that if I were you." Vicky warned, standing up.

"Huh?" But it was too late, Nancy already stands up and immediately stumbled down, she falls with a yelp. If it wasn't for Thomas, she would crashes down on the ground.

Thomas hold her up and she touched his arm. "Thank you." Nancy said as he sits her back down. She glanced down at her prosthetic leg, good thing it was handmade.

Nancy took out her prosthetic leg, giving them a better view of her half leg – up until knees. "Don't worry guys," She said, as she noticed their worried faces. "Good thing, for moments like this, Harriet always makes a spare, don't you, Har?" She said proudly, and Harriet only wink back with a smile.

Nancy turned, pointing at Vicky. "V, can you get my backpack behind that tent, please." She said.

Vicky nodded before leaving to find Nancy's bag.

Meanwhile, Nancy was observing her prosthetic leg, it was already bends over and almost looks destroyed. She was not surprised, after all the running she's been through and all, the only time she managed to take it off was when Thèrèse had a seizure and Winston was passed out.

Vicky arrived and give Nancy her purple bag. She took out her spare leg as they all surrounded her, but still gives her space. "I always had a spare leg," Nancy informed. "And a spare leg for a... spare." She laughed nervously.

Thomas smiled as Nancy slump back down on him, resting on his shoulder as they all got in their previous spot.

Vicky collapsed on her mother, feeling her back pain coming. "Oh shoot," She said, getting her mother's attention. "Yes, dear?" Vivian turns to look at her. "Do you know I have a scoliosis? You know, my back," She said, jabbing behind her back, giving her mother' hints.

Vivian's eyes widened, "Oh yes! I do remember your back pain. Don't you have a brace? Protection?" Vicky nodded, "I do, but they gave me a small one as my spine didn't really twisted that bad." Vicky informed as her mother nodded.

"Alright so, what do you need, sweetheart?" Vivian said. "I need to paste my plaster on so my back can cool off. It's really warm and I'm getting uncomfortable. My legs.. they started buzzing, Mama. It really hurts." Vicky whined.

Scoliosis' pain was the worst when it comes to leg.

Vivian nodded, standing up, Vicky mimicking her action. "Let's go somewhere else," she said, excusing herself from the group.

Vicky and Vivian walked and sit over a tent, the one that atleast still stands. Well, it's not but it can hold.

"Did you do any exercise? Appointment while at WCKD?" Vivian asked.