40. asses getting rescued

Thomas jolted awake, suddenly feeling sweaty with his dry throat, eyes blinking as he rethink about his nightmare. Nancy, from besides him was driving the jeep, it was about two hours after they sneak out, and it's still dark so the boys and Bea took a nap while Nancy handle the driving.

"Are you okay?" Nancy ask, her tone relax and steady as she didn't want to scare him any further. "It's just a bad dream.." Thomas whispers, pressing his palm against his chest to feel his thumping fast-paced heartbeat.

"It's okay. I get them too.." She said quietly.

"Will you be quiet?" Newt said, troubled. Bea stared at him dumbly, as if saying 'bitch, are you kidding me?' "I.. didn't say anything." Bea mumbled, nonchalantly. "Then stop thinking so loudly!" Newt complaint, rolling his eyes while leaning against the window. "Okay, fine.. Jeez." Bea breaths out, huffing as she looks out the window.

It was clearly already morning as Bea and Newt wakes up due to Bea's legs shoving and kicking Newt's face. Newt actually wonder how Frypan could sleep so peacefully as he was clearly in the middle.

"I don't think Bea ever thinks." Nancy joked from the driver seat, Thomas laughing besides her. "Fry, you good back there?" Nancy asks smugly. Frypan blinks, sitting in the middle of Bea and Newt, "Outstanding." He deadpanned. Thomas and Nancy looks at eachother, laughing at Frypan's fed up with Bea and Newt's recent argument.

"Are we there yet?" Bea asked, for the 5th time. "Almost," Nancy answers, for the 5th time.

Soon enough, Nancy drove to a place where a dark tunnel could be seen, probably a crank tunnel if not corrected. They all stared at their surroundings, reading the signs that's around the place. Nancy slowed down the engine, stopping infront of the tunnel. Stepping out of the car, they walked slowly to observed the tunnel, Thomas gripping the map of it.

"Poison ivy, poison ivy and poison ivy." Frypan gasps, pointing at the leaves decorating the entrance. "Where?" Nancy gently asked. "Shut up, Fry. Not everything is a poison ivy." Bea declared, putting her hands on either sides of her hips while rolling her eyes.

Newt gags at the smell, "I could practically smell it from here." He said, pinching his nose. "Probably your breath wafting back at your face. Do you think people peed in here?" Bea comments, earning a shove on the back of her head from Thomas. "You want us to go in there?" Frypan questions, which get no answer, but a shrug from Nancy.

"I don't wanna come across any negativity, but if I was a Crank, that's exactly where I would be." Newt said, jabbing his finger towards the tunnel. Bea side eyeing him, "Ironic... isn't it?" Nancy scoffs, trailing her eyes towards the map that's in Thomas' hands.

"Are you sure there's no other way in?" Nancy asks, making sure. Thomas removes his eyes from the map, glancing at the tunnel, before looking back at the map, "I don't think we have much of a choice." Nancy sighs at his response, glancing furthermore into the tunnel.

"Alright, I get shotgun." Newt spoke, turning around, heading towards the jeep while ruffling Nancy's hair.

The four of them side glancing eachother, before joining Newt. Nancy, as usual, driving the jeep into the tunnel, turning on the headlights as they flashed their torchlights.

"Well, here we go." Nancy muttered, reassuring herself. She noticed Newt's flashlight was going sideways, not flashing it properly.

Nancy scoffs, "Newt, I thought you were supposed to be handy? Can you please flash the torch properly?" She said bossily. Newt scoffs, annoyed at his sister's ordered, but did it anyway.

"Just take it nice and slow," Thomas reassured, holding Nancy's shoulder as he was behind her.

Nancy nodded, unnoticeably. When suddenly, she pressed the break, resulting Frypan and Thomas to facepalm infront of their seats. And for well, Bea, she didn't have it easy. She's literally got thrown forward, the only things that managed to kept her stable are her knees and chest.