35. the girls became bakers

(𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗵𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝘄𝗲𝗲𝗸𝘀 𝗶𝗻
inspired by: hj evelyn on youtube)

"So? You're gonna tell us what's this mean?"

Thomas interrogated, as Vicky was placed infront of them on a chair. It's been a week since they've find out about Vicky's infected wound. In the room, sat - Nancy, Bea, Vivian, Brenda, Thomas, Newt, Frypan and Harriet. Vincent and Jorge were out hunting in the forest early in the morning, having the permission to use the main building, Thomas figured it's time to dig some information out of Vicky. Prim was still too young to even understand what's going on with Vicky, so she stayed with Mary.

"It's nothing. Just a scratch." Vicky crossed her arms insecurely. "What the hell were you thinking, V? Keeping this secret from us? For a very, long time?" Thomas breathed, leaning forward. Vicky groans, rolling her eyes, "Look, no need to fuss over me. I'm fine!"

"We're getting used to that phrase, V." Harriet glared.

"I will turn into one of them. You can't fix this, Thomas." Vicky exclaims, angrily, throwing her hands up.

"How bad does it look?" Nancy asks, her saddening tone doesn't make Vicky feels any better. Vicky blinks, shrugging. "I don't know.."

"You should've told us earlier," Nancy spoke, "We could've help you!"

"There's nothing you can do about it." Vicky cried. She's just tired. So tired. And so in pain.

"It's always going to end like this. Wasn't it?" Newt began, as everyone turns to the boy who decided to speak. Vicky wants to speak, but was cut off by her own ghostly and violently coughs.

"Just can't shake that coughs, huh?" Bea said, earning a slap on the arm from Nancy with an eye roll.

Before either of them could interrogated Vicky furthermore, the door to the room bursted opened. They flinches, widened eyes, but their confused face goes back to relief and relaxed once they saw Prim standing in the doorway.

"Prim!" Bea scolded, "Did I or did I not just say I'd knock you out if you didn't leave me alone!"

Prim scoffs, rolling her eyes as she makes her way to Vivian, "You're so old and boring." Prim said, directly to her older sister. "Anyway, what are you here for, sweetheart?" Vivian asked, picking up the little girl on her lap.

"Do you guys remember what today day is?" Prim asked, hoping they would remembered.

Of course, they remembered. Thomas and Bea have mentioned to the group last week that Prim's birthday is coming up. And today, is Prim's birthday. Brenda, Vicky and Beatrice wants to make a special birthday cake for the young girl, but of course they'd make it a competition. "Guys, do you have to make this into a competition?" Thomas argued, last week.

"Don't we, always?" Nancy smirks.

Anyway, back to the present, Prim is wearing her,
the-most-cutest-eyes-so-i-can-get-what-i-want eyes.

Everyone almost feels bad, almost. Thomas tried to play it cool, gently pulled his baby sister, "Oh yeah Prim, today is Thursday. What's the deal with today?" He asked. Immediately, Prim frowned, seeing her reaction, Bea almost laughs at the back. "Oh." Prim bowed her head, "It's okay. I'll just go play with Quinn for the rest of the day.." She said, her tone saddening, mentioning her friend's name.

They feels bad for the girl, but knew this had to be a surprise party. As Prim leaves the room, practically dragging her feet towards outside. Thomas held up a silence thumbs up, which they mimick. He quickly turned to the group, "What do we do next?"