32. it is wednesday my dudes

"Vicky! Come on, we're going to be late for your doctor's appointment! Let's go!" Vivian's voice could be heard shouting from outside Vicky's hut, banging on the door. Vicky groans as she stumbled out of her bed, "That woman can't even let me sleep in peace!"

"I heard that."

It's Wednesday. And Vicky hates Wednesday. It's been three months since they found the island and called it home. Wednesday is the day where Vicky would get her spine checked up in the building. Just like Thèrèse thought, things did and will changed. For worse and for better.

And it changed for the Gladers. Nancy still have problems with Bea and Vicky's patrolling style but they're working with that. It's more like a physiotherapy, as Dr. Julian would call it. She's a therapy that handled Vicky's scoliosis problem. She had given her homeworks to do back at home.

She didn't do it.

"Vicky! Hurry up! It's almost 8!" Vivian yelled, tapping her arm against the wooden door. "Patience, woman." Vicky mumbled under her breath as she puts on her socks and shoes. 

Stepping out of the hut, she breathed in the air dramatically. "Always a day where the first thing I've heard is my mother's yelling." She said, sarcastically.

Vivian smacked Vicky in the head, "You've got everything the doctor told you to bring?" Vicky nodded as response, showing her mother the plastic bag she owned to placed her medicines stuff in it. Don't worry, she still kept her special bag.

"Goodluck, Vicky!" Bea yelled from the top of the watchtower as Vivian and Vicky crossed the bridge. Vicky scoffs, as Vivian held the door for her, thanking her mom, they stepped in, readying for her appointment therapy.

Meanwhile, Thomas, Nancy and Newt were incharge of patrolling around the island. Prim stayed back with Mary, helping and learning whatever Mary teaches her. Harriet and Brenda leads the rest of the kids in the woods, creating a club of kids where they'll be helping with job that includes collecting logs for firewoods.

The day started the same, Frypan in the kitchen or checking the basement and cleaned things up. Bea on top of the watchtower, doing her job while blasting some cool music on the radio she found on the basement last week. It's a normal day for everyone. Patrolling, cleaning, planning, organizations, strategies.

And the island itself grew, with Nancy suggesting ideas, Thomas handled most of the works using Nancy's ideas. They really worked as a team. More huts built, more foods, more drinks, more supplies. It's just the matter of how they're going to protects it from WICKED prying eyes.

"See anything yet?" Thomas asked the Twins. They were patrolling the part of the deepest forest, near the mountains. "Not yet." Newt said, checking behind some bushes. After a few minutes, Thomas asked again, "Tommy, if you're going to keep asking that for the next five minutes, I'm gonna have to feed you to the boars." Nancy said, sarcastically.

Thomas glowered, sighing, before looking up at the sky, now gloomy clouds surrounding the area. The weather's just fine 3 hours ago, why the sudden change?

"Okay guys! Retreat and head back to the camp!" Thomas orders as he catches a glimpse of Nancy swinging her axe against the tree, doing some violation instead of patrolling. Thomas sigh, rolling his eyes as Newt moves to his side, "Nance, come on." Thomas practically dragged her in the campsite. "You can kill something else, Nance, just not the poor tree." Nancy huffed in response, smacking Thomas' arms away, "I can walk perfectly fine, thank you."

The three of them headed back towards the campsite, the same time the rain pouring down hard. Vicky and Vivian stayed in the building while Bea stayed watching the island. Nancy, Newt and Thomas takes cover below a roof, that leads above the watchtower. "Bea! Alright, you're officially relieved from guard duty!" Nancy screams, fighting her voice over the storm.