19. i'm poison

Letting out a deep breath, Vicky and Thèrèse were both carrying Nancy out of the party and towards the stairs, Teresa gasps at the sight of the blonde girl, leaving Thomas completely with Newt and Minho as she scattered towards Nancy. "Is she alright?" She asked.

Vicky nodded, "Well, I'm not entirely sure about that." She sighed. Thèrèse handing Nancy to Teresa who helped the girl now until they reached the higher ground.

The room was fairly large with lanterns hanging and large windows with extravagant curtains dropped infront of them. There was a few couches and cushions placed all over the place. It was messy, but to Vicky, it's unique.

As if on cue, Minho and Newt both came in the room, holding up an unconscious state of Thomas. Vicky frowns deeply, as she, Frypan and Aris took a seat in the room. Teresa already placed Nancy on her lap as Newt and Minho along with Frypan checks up on Thomas.

Then, there's just one thing that was missing – oh shoot! Brenda! Vicky turned her head to the side, which had her caught sight of Brenda who was sitting by herself on one of the stairs in the room.

Noticing that not one mind was checking up on her, everybody else were busying checking up on Nancy and Thomas.

Vicky's eyes softened at the sight of Brenda, all alone, while staring out the window above her, where the sun shine through it.

She started to make her way swiftly towards Brenda, her boots sounding as she took step forward up the stairs, noticing Vicky's presence, Brenda turned her head, dropping her previous palm that was resting on her cheek.

"Oh. It's you. Hi?" Brenda smiles sheepishly.

Vicky smiles in return, taking a seat next to her, but keeping a distance, still respected Brenda's boundaries. "Hey.. uh, not sure if you could tell but I'm not exactly a people person." Brenda said, laughing a bit as she looks at her.

Vicky nodded, staring off the distance, "Yeah.. I could tell uh, look, I know we don't know eachother that much, but I'm still worried about you. No one deserves to be alone." She whispers, keeping their conversation quiet from everyone, though the rest are practically far away from them.

"Oh. Wow, thank you.. I'm just feeling dizzy, that's all, I'm okay. Thank you." Brenda said, feeling a little awkward. And Vicky felt that, feeling awkward and not knowing what to say, what could they say?

Both Brenda and Vicky are not people person.

"If you want to keep staying here, then I have to get painkillers for you," Vicky hummed to which Brenda nodded. Vicky gets up from her spot as she trails down the stairs, searching for her special bag. No one - I mean, no one, messes with her bag. No one.

Vicky gleams in joy as she spotted her bag next to Aris on the couch. She grabs it with her, (after saying hi to Aris) then ran back towards Brenda. She acknowledged her presence by herself, which both girls smiles at eachother. "Here. I don't have much but, uh, I have a drink and some painkillers. And probably some food too." Vicky laughs nervously.

Eventually, she found some painkillers in the First Aid Kit- her special First Aid Kit. She handed that and her water canister to Brenda with a warm smile. Brenda gratefully took it, giving the girl a nod of thank you, taking a small sip and swallowing the tablet. Vicky finally relaxed, knowing her friends are all safe. Then, she remembered her wound. Her crank scratch.

Glancing around nervously for a room, she gives Brenda a quick excuse before grabbing her bag with her, making her way to Jorge who just entered the room, with a man in his arms - well, it's more like Jorge put the man in a headlock. "Hey, Jorge, do you happened to know if there's an extra empty room?" She asks, fiddling with the end of her jacket.

Jorge nodded, unsure, "Uh, yeah, I think there's one down the hallway, turn right, second door." Vicky quickly nodded then turned around and sprint.

The group was confused at her rushes action. "Do you think she's okay?" Aris was the first one to asks, glancing around his friends. But none of them could answer him, not without knowing the truth.

Luckily, she managed to find the empty room, locking the door securely, she placed herself in the middle of the room where the sun's light reflected. Vicky curses herself as she unwrapped her bandages, that was now covered in blood. Vicky wore a pinching look at the sight, disgusted by it. But what piqued her interests was, there was a fading black veins started to crawl itself up her arms. She quickly put some liquid on it, finding a helpful material that could help her wound, then she wrapped it again with a new bandage.

Weirdly enough, this time her new bandaids feels cool, Vicky almost relaxed at the feeling of it. Interrupted by the knock on the door, Vicky quickly took action as she started to hear Thèrèse voice. "Vicky? Can I come in? I'm worried." She knocked again. Vicky glances around the messy room, panic, seeing all the blood from her previous wound.

"Uh, just a second!"

Thèrèse, from the other side of the door, was confused, but leave her to it. But that didn't stop her from leaving the door. After five minutes waiting, the door opens, revealing an unbothered Vicky coming out of the door. "Yes?"

Thèrèse stayed silent, looking at her - practically begging for her to tell her what's wrong. Sympathy behind those green, emerald eyes that makes Vicky a little offended. "Oh God, what happened to you?"

Vicky fixes her hair, pulling up her baby hair from the front, leaving all the strands that was dropping from her forehead. "Oh, nothing. I'm fine. Why should I not be fine?"

Thèrèse nodded silently, putting her hand behind Vicky's back, guiding her back to the group. Vicky could feel Thèrèse lingering stares burning on the other side of her head. "Don't look at me like that. I don't want your pity." Vicky said, her tone somehow turning harsh. Seeing the look on Thèrèse face, Vicky quickly apologize, "Oh shoot! I'm sorry, I just- I don't know what has gotten into me. I'm really- sorry." Vicky mentally curses at herself for it as Thèrèse guided her back in the room.

But- is she really immune?